Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

EDMT migration 8.0(1) tool error

Hi All,

We are doing EDMT database migration from icm 7.5 to 8.0(1) through the EDMT Tool 8.0(1) tool, and we are facing the following error message

One or more application instances of CSS is detected in the ICM database. Please uninstall the CSS application and remove the application instances from ICM before proceding with this upgrade.

One or more application instances of CEM is detected in the ICM database. Please uninstall the CEM application and remove the application instances from ICM before proceding with this upgrade.

If any one come across this situation please update us how to proceed with this upgrade.

2 REPLIES

You had Cisco Email Manager or Cisco Chat Service integrated with this ICM instance at some point. These products are now completely End of Life and references to them no longer exist past ICM 8.0(1). So before you can migrate to that version you should remove all references to your CEM/ CCS.

I suspect that the main reason it will throw that error is an entry in the 'Application Instance List' in Configuration Manager but there may be further references that need to go.

Cheers,

Kris

Hi,

I am getting the same error message while taking the backup using EDMT tool. System is not allowing me to remove the application instance. Can you please share with me the steps to remove CEM and CSS configuration from the system.

Views
Helpful
Replies