Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

EIM 4.2(5) - Custom Attributes, Business Objects and Macros

One of the contact sources into this EIM system I am building is through a webform. The body of the email contains various useful bits of information, that I want to be able to parse into EIM business objects, and then be able to reuse through macros - for example: account number, phone numbers, etc.

I have created custom attributes within the Customer Data object, and I can use the Modify Object node in my workflows to do pattern matching / parsing of the email body to extract the info into the objects. For example, Account Number shows up in Customer-Common -> Account Number.

I have also created a custom macro to be used to pass back the account number info into replies, etc.

The part I am missing is how do you get the information from the business object into the macro in the first place? The docs are less than enlightening when it comes to the "how do I do this" type of info.

Information like First Name, Last Name, contact point, etc are all pulled from the Email header info, but this is done behind the scenes.

Has anyone else done email parsing, including storing the data and reusing it through macros?

C.

Views
Helpful
Replies