Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM 4.3.2 - Email Alias

Hello,

We have several old email addresses (in the process of phasing these out), and we would like to have the return address be the same for several of these.

i.e.:

test1@mybusiness.com

test2@mybusiness.com

test4@mybusiness.com

customer@mybusiness.com

If a customer sends to test1, test2, test4 or customer, we want to ensure the email address in the response will always be customer@mybusiness.com. I attempted to configure the same email address when configuring my alias's, however the email address seems to be a unique field an it won't let me put in a duplicate address.

Does anyone here know how to do this?

Thanks!

Barry

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

The alias must be unique. Each department can specify an active alias as the default alias - would that work for you?

Regards,

Geoff

Can't you do this through your email server?

david

We could do this at the corporate exchange server, however the business want's to perform their own reporting on this email address keeping it seperate from the new one.

Thanks Geoff for confirming, but unfortunately it's all within the same department. I actually have about 5 of these types of emails, I guess this was due to team consolidations to have had so many, but the argument does seem valid enough!

Have a great day!

Barry

I don't think we're saying the same thing.  I'm pretty sure you can change the reply to address on the way out for a specific addresses.  So your agents will see test1@company.com, but the email server will change it to support@company.com.  Over time you will see less and less emails coming to test1@company.com.

david

Thanks, I never thought to check and see if this was possible!

I'll go through our Exchange server group and see.

Barry

lohjintiam
Level 4
Level 4

When replying the email, can we change the From field to the one we want?

Thanks!

-JT-