Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Bronze

EIM 4.3 How to deal with creating new clients when recieving requests from webforms

Hi ALL

Another one for you all. A client recieves most their requests from webforms instead of free flowing emails. The webforms are sent into EIM imbedded in an email. All the emails go to one address for examples sales@something.com. The issue I have is every time a client completes the web form EIM assigns the activity/case to the same customer(Sales@something.com). Is there a way I can extract the clients email address from the form and create a new customer? On top of that I would then like to send the client an auto acknowledge so would need some way of updating the from address sales@something.com to the clients actual email address. I would have thought this would be pretty simple stuff to do but I do not seem to be able to find a way to achieve this. :-(

Thanks,

Matt

5 REPLIES
Green

Re: EIM 4.3 How to deal with creating new clients when recieving

I don't know if this would work. Since you control the web server, you control the subject line of the email. You could change this so it contains the email address of the person who filled in the form on the web, and then in the workflow use a modify object to try to modify the ``contact_point_data of the activity. I don't know if you are allowed to do this though.

It does seem that this would be a very common source of emails into a EIM system, and there should be an easy way of doing this. Perhaps it's all controlled by the way the Web server sets up the email. Can't it insert the customer's email address so it appears to be coming from them?

Regards,

Geoff

Bronze

Hi Geoff

You are correct. You have to minuplate this with in the website. I havent done much with forms before so was not too sure what you can and cannot do. See the response i recieved from egain:

Suggestion -

In the web form, can you introduce an email address text box called "Email Address", which accepts the sender's email address (the person submitting the web form), and you will then have the ability to substitute this email address in the "Sender's Email Address" or "From Email Address" field of the web form before submission (i.e., in the code behind the web form set the From Email Address to this)?

This way, each email submitted from the web form will have the actual sender's email address, and the email will be tied to a unique customer (sender).

Thanks,

Matt

Green

Matt,

Can I ask you how you submitted your question to eGain and how they replied to it?

Regards,

Geoff

Bronze

Hi Geoff

I opened it on the Cisco Community Central page. They have a specific section on there for EIM/WIM. I think you need to have an ATP in CC to get access if you havent already got it.

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/community/partner/collaboration/contactcenter/atp/eim-wim

Thanks,

Matt

Community Member

In your case the Email from a webform has a static From Email Address: and the contents are in the form of an attachment correct?

Email is read and parsed and information such as From and Reply To is based on the header. Since your form contains static data and an attachment containing the webform information everything is in the attachment which cannot be parsed as a free form email would be. Your header would always be the same. You can design the webform to pass data in the body and also capture the email address and form the header so that the reply to address is picked automatically from the header. The contact point data in EIM is based on the header of the email.

You need to include the content in the body of the webform email.

ex.

If webform contains

First Name:

Last Name:

email:

description:

and map it based on rules in the workflow as ex. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/cisco_interaction_manager/cim_43/user/guide/cisco_im431_cce_userguide_administration_workflow.pdf

defined in page 82 of the above document.

You can use the modify object to set data in EIM based on the webform.

ex. Customer-Individual Pattern First Name:

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content