Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM 4.3 - Integrated Supervisor Picking Emails from Queue

Hello,

Well, as our list of issues grow's with integrated EIM, we just found out an integrated supervisor cannot 'pick' emails from the queue (as they could with email manager).

Has anyone found some kind of work around for this?

I have written so many work-arounds for existing problems I am almost scared that when they fix them, I'll have to just start over and rebuild my system

Thanks

Barry

15 Replies 15

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Barry

If you give the supervisor the administrator role as well as supervisor role I am pretty sure it will allow you to pick from the integrated queues. Also very useful as it gives the supervisor the ability to pick emails from the exception queue.

But obviously you have the down side of the supervisor having admin rights to EIM

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks Matthew!

I think it is a bug, I opened a ticket with TAC and they said that eGain did this as a 'feature' so that a supervisor could not pick from an integrated queue.

However, if you search for emails you can 'pick' emails out of the integrated queue.... so I patiently wait for an update

The whole administrator thing is kind of crapy, I would like my integrated supervisor to be able to pull some agent reports, but now, I have to give a user partition admin access to do this!

I think I am starting to face the realization that the whole integrated thing is too new with too many bugs, and I'll have to go back to standalone where everything works as documented.

Barry

Hi Barry,

If you could share other operational issues that you faced in this integrated setup, that would be great.

Thanks!

-JT-

If you could share other operational issues that you faced in this integrated setup, that would be great.

He has. Search for Barry's posts! I've read most of them.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello,

yes I have posted quite a few of them here, to date, I have opened over 20 TAC cases in the last 3 months, and have only had one come back to me as a 'user' error. I don't want to turn this into an EIM bashing session as this is a new product, and I do think it will get better, I am just strugging to find ways to actually make it work at the barest level in our environment.

So far, if it wasn't for our WFM tool integrated into IPCC, we would simply have given up and gone stand alone.

Hi,

"However, if you search for emails you can 'pick' emails out of the integrated queue"

This is possible without adding the admin/partition rights to the supervisor?

Thanks!

-JT-

Actually, I hadn't even tried this with just a supervisor ID. I have so many other issues with a plain old supervisor id, that I have been giving the supervisor user I setup admin access!

Barry

This is possible without adding the admin/partition rights to the supervisor?

No.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello,

Well, finally talked to TAC and eGain at the same time on the phone! They told me in integrated, you should never be able to pick an email from a queue, and the work around I found was actually a bug, and they would close the loop on this for version 4.3.3

So as it stands, any integrated queues will not be able to be 'picked' from unfortunately. It's too bad that the old Email Manager can do this, but EIM cannot.

Have  a great day!

Barry

That sucks pretty hard. I guess the only way your going to be able to transfer to an agent is by creating a skill group for each individual agent.:-(. Also your find that egain/cisco are quick just to say its a bug and remove the functionality rather than just fix it and make it work!!

I guess the only way your going to be able to transfer to an agent is by creating a skill group for each individual agent.:

No. Just create a script selector/dialed number for each agent. Map each to an EIM queue. All the script selectors are mapped to the one call type and this runs a script. You then use a queue to agent node. If you construct the script selector in the correct way, with the agent's peripheral number appended, you can pull that off and route the call to the agent through a single queue to agent node in implicit mode. That's how I do it and it works just fine. I increase the priority.

Regards,

Geoff

Great thanks ill give that a go. But let me ask you this. What happens if an agent has a load of activites assigned to them and goes on holiday how do you take those activities from that agent and assign them to some one else? I would have though you would use the pick functionality to take them off the agent? I believe there is another setting to push them back into the queue but i am assuming that is only going to work for non integrated EIM?

Matt

You should read up on the concept of "auto pushback". It will deal with this even in the case of integrated agents.

Regards,

Geoff

Would that mean I would need to have at least 1 standalone / nIPTA user to do cleanup?

Thanks!

-JT-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: