Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM 4.3 - Route to Last Agent

Hello,

I have a requirement to have emails route to the last agent that worked on them. Using integrated EIM, I can't any way to do this.

On a previous Cisco TAC case, the engineer, mentioned something about Sticky Agents, but I couldn't find any documentation on this at all.

Has anyone here had to route to the last agent before? I do have the Data Adapter license, so was thinking of maybe some funky query in a work flow pass back to ICM the original agent ID?

Thanks for your help!

Barry

20 Replies 20

Isn't this fixed?

CSCtb98517 Sticky Agent functionality broken

Symptom:
Sticky Agent functionality broken. Emails are not being assigned back to last agent who updated the case/activity.

Conditions:
CIM 4.2.5, ES4, and an ET image (Engineering Test image).
ICM 7.2.6

Thanks!

-JT-

Hi JT,

The problem is 'kind of' fixed, however their version of 'sticky agent' doesn't really work very well.

Here is the scenario - using the sticky agent.

Step 1:

Email comes in to IPCC after routing through EIM

No Agent ID is passed with the email

Agent A receives the email

Agent A sends email to customer

Customer responds

Email comes back into system, EIM see's there is an existing case and passes IPCC the agent ID for Agent A.

IPCC routes the email to the agent -- ** Perfect **

- however EIM has now updated the customer's preferred agent id with the last agent who handled the email.

Step 2:

Email comes in to IPCC after routing through EIM

No Agent ID is passed with the email

Agent B receives the email

Agent B sends email to customer

Customer responds

Email comes back into system, EIM see's there is an existing case and passes IPCC the old agent ID from Agent A.

IPCC routes the email to the agent A  ** BAD **

- if Agent B was swift enough to change the preferred agent id to their ID, Agent B would have taken the call.

Now, these are two simple steps,imagine if you had a customer with two different email threads at the same time working with two different agents... much like we would do if we had more than one TAC case open.

The change EIM needs to do, is route based on the last agent who was working on that specific activity.

Barry

Barry,

Thanks for explaining!

I guess the problem lies in the initial email where no Agent ID is passed from EIM to ICM? Some might argue that (taking Step 2 as example), it should try to route to Agent A first if not available then route to Agent B and continue on with Agent B from there onwards.

-JT-

The problem is, that even if you wanted to try A, then go to B, once B worked on it, the next reply for this same case from the customer would go back to A, and not B, B would not be known by the system.

Hi Barry,

We are running the UCCE integrated EIM 4.3.2 and we required these type of call routing. Could you please share us what are configurations need to be done for achieving this functionality.

-Parthee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: