Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM 4.3 Supervisors

Hello,

I seem to be having issues getting my supervisor to transfer emails to specific integrated agent ID's.

Can anyone here direct me to what abilities an integrated supervisor has vs a stand-alone supervisor?

From what I can tell.

Integrated Supervisor

Can pull from Exception Queue

Can have agents in his team, and he can view the agents. However, he cannot see their tasks, or pull emails from them.

Can transfer to integrated queue.

Stand Alone Supervisor

Can pull from Exception Queue

Can pull emails from Integrated Agents

Cannot transfer emails to other integrated agents, Cannot transfer emails to any integrated queue.

Can only transfer to the exception queue.

Am I right on this? If so, it seems as if I would need my supervisors to have an integrated login, and a stand-alone login.

Thanks for your help!

Barry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Integrated agents can only transfer to integrated queues.

In order to solve this problem I created a script selector for each agent, associated with a call type that runs a single, simple script with a Queue to Agent node. The script selector has the agent's name and the agent's peripheral number at the end, and the script pulls off the number with the substring function for the Queue to Agent node. All agents are in a special skill group which is mapped to an Enterprise SG, with an Enterprise route as required for Queue to Agent in implicit mode.

Then in EIM I created a queue for each agent using the special script selector and named it with the agent's name. This works fine - no EIM workflow needed.

We did create one non-integrated user/administrator in order to clean up Exception queues etc - but just the one.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Integrated agents can only transfer to integrated queues.

In order to solve this problem I created a script selector for each agent, associated with a call type that runs a single, simple script with a Queue to Agent node. The script selector has the agent's name and the agent's peripheral number at the end, and the script pulls off the number with the substring function for the Queue to Agent node. All agents are in a special skill group which is mapped to an Enterprise SG, with an Enterprise route as required for Queue to Agent in implicit mode.

Then in EIM I created a queue for each agent using the special script selector and named it with the agent's name. This works fine - no EIM workflow needed.

We did create one non-integrated user/administrator in order to clean up Exception queues etc - but just the one.

Regards,

Geoff

This is excellent, thanks Geoff!

I sure hope they add this basic functionality to version 5!!!!

Barry

Hey Geoff,

I tried something a little different, which you may want to try out.

I setup a new variable in the activity table, made this displayable on my agent desktop which let's them put in a transfer ID to send the email to.

I added a data link so that the agents could query who is in their department before attempting the transfer.

I then added a 'transfer queue' in EIM, and an agent transfer queue in IPC, which then queues to the agent ID the users enters in EIM.

There is the chance the user can screw up the agent ID (not sure if there is a way to validate input on custom fields from the agent desktop), but I figured if this happens, I would just either bounce it to their main queue, or put in the exception queue.

So, the flow is basically, the users puts in a transfer number on theri activity desktop, then transfers to the agent transfer queue.

If there was a workflow hit on on a same department transfer, it would be fantastic, as I could actually validate the input!

Let me know what you think.

Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: