Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM 4.3 - Using address book

lohjintiam
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

In EIM, the system automatically creates a customer profile each time it receives an email from a new email address. The users are also able to create new customer profile similar like an address book.

Is it possible to make use of this address book (search and use) when composing a new outgoing email or when replying to one? Currently I'm only able to enter the email address (abc@abc.com) and not the name/company (Jack/ABC Inc.) of the customer profile like in a typical address book function.

Thanks!

-JT-

12 Replies 12

egain_karthik
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, type a few characters and hit enter, this will generate a list to choose from.

Hi Karthik,

Your solution will only search for the email address rather than the name of the customer. For example

a) If my customer (Individual) name is Jack and his email address is helpme@abc.com, i would need to remember what is email address 'looks' like as i cant search for Jack

b) If my customer (Corporate/Group) name is Cisco and their email address is support@cisco.com, i would not be able to search for Cisco.

We are able to search using the Search function but once the result is returned, there's no way to use it directly in the email (unlike searching and add to reply for KB articles). Copy paste seems to be the only option.

Any other way of achieving this?

Thanks!

-JT-

Sorry, misread your original post.

This is a good candidate for a PERS. Workaround would be to use a data adaptor to fetch the email_address based on name and then to use that in the reply. If the result are in the display pane, agent would have to copy and paste similar to search else the link can be executed as a macro or link in the reply pane and agent would have to remove the duplicate entries.

Hi Karthik,

I've manage to create and test it successfully (search for first name and email address was returned) from data adapter access links. But when testing/deploying it in the usage link and from agent console its giving me the following error/alert.

"The link could not be executed. Possible reasons are: failure to connect to an external datasource, failure to expand macro, incorrect parameter, etc"

Also, when the results are returned i don't think its possible to copy paste it to the To field. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this data adapter further?

Thanks!

-JT-

Application server logs will give the cause of failure.

For user to input parmater First Name has to be encapsulated using the following format,

<%First_Name%> which will prompt user for input. If your test is failing in the usage link only then it would be good to take a look at how you have it configured and if you could look in the application server logs for why the link is failing. If data cannot be copied from the window then maybe that needs to be enhanced, as a workaround maybe you can use it as a macro in the reply and agent will have to cut and paste it onto the to: field.

Hi Karthik,

Got it working now. Initially assigned the contact_person_first_name parameter to the input but it was suppose to be blank so that the agent can enter it when they want to do the search

As for using it directly in the To field, still havent found the best way as what you have describe. The closest is to Add Result to reply and then copy paste from the reply pane to the To: field or entering it directly.

Attached is the simple input query for those who which to use it. Data adapter guide has something similar.

Thanks!

-JT-

The value cannot be redirected to the TO or any field and has to be manually cut and pasted by agent from the reply pane.

egain_karthik wrote:

The value cannot be redirected to the TO or any field and has to be manually cut and pasted by agent from the reply pane.

This is a significant defect in the product. All data usage links suffer the same problem.

It could be simply remedied if EIM allowed the user to swipe with their mouse and copy into the cut buffer data on the left hand side of the screen. But you cannot - and there is simply no reason why this is blocked.

Another simple example is the Activity display. It's simple to add the DESCRIPTION field to appear - with the Tools interface - and useful to load this field in your workflow with Modify Object (probably working a link to a lookup) but although the agent can see it, they cannot copy it.

Regards,

Geoff

Very valid, please file a PERS.

OK, I'd love to. What is the process?

Regards,

Geoff

t_fountain
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently upgraded to EIM, and we cannot find anything on how the addresses get populated in the Address Book. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Tim,

The system will auto create a record for each new email address it receives. It will also create a new record each time you sent out an email to a new email address. You can also manually create it through the Customer button on the left of the main interface.

However, if you run thru this thread the address book feature here is not what you would expect in a typical address book.

Thanks!

-JT-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: