Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM Cisco Retriever - Connection failure

Hello I have EIM 4.3.1 I get this message. Can anyone help me?

Cisco Retriever has encountered an error for the following alias.

Alias: contacto@correo.com

Partition Id: 1

Error: Connection failure.

Action required: Verify that the configuration of the email alias in the Cisco application has the correct details of the mail server's hostname/IP address and Protocol. Also verify that the mail server is running, is accessible through the network and the POP3/IMAP service are running on it.

Error details:

javax.mail.MessagingException: Connect failed;

nested exception is:

java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect

Thanks

7 Replies 7

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

You want to be sure that the credentials you are using for the IMAP4 or POP3 connection are perfectly valid (server, user name, password).

IMAP4 and POP3 protocols are simple, so look them up in Google, then telnet to the correct port and ensure that what you are using actually work. This is by far the most practical way to check this.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello Geoff, What you think about that?

Can you see this link?
Thanks.

Spell out exactly what you have - is it IMAP4 or POP3? Can you telnet to the port?

Do other mail boxes work?

Regards,

Geoff

hello Geoff, yes is correct I have other account that are work fine. I going to do test the port.

Thanks.

Hello Geoff, I have this:

incoming POP3
outgoing ESMTP

I can to do telnet x.x.x.x 25 to server aand this work fine.

Thanks.

I can to do telnet x.x.x.x 25 to server aand this work fine.

That may be so, but that's the SMTP port.

You need to confirm the mailbox credentials on the POP3 server. Telnet to port 110 and issue the following commands:

USER

PASS

LIST

QUIT

Regards,

Geoff

lohjintiam
Level 4
Level 4

I'm also getting these errors quite frequently (Connection failure, Authentication failure) but emails are being extracted from Exchange -> EIM as normal. Not sure if its cause by the frequency of EIM polling from Exchange or there are disconnects from time to time.

Are you able to download the emails at all?

Thanks!

-JT-