Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Email Contact Script problem

Hey everyone. I wrote a script that will prompt a caller to enter a callback number and then uses the Email contact step to email that callback number to a distribution list. It worked perfectly until I was asked to add an additional email address which points to a cell phone for text messaging ie: 5551212@vtext.com.

Now the script will not generate the email. I am able to send an email to multiple addresses by separating them with a semi-colon, and I am able to send an email through outlook to the text address and it works, but as soon as I put it in the email contact variable....it no worky.

Any ideas? Thanks!

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Email Contact Script problem

Why not try a "," instead of the ";". Also what about a distribution list instead of seperate addresses. Not sure if it would work but may be worth a try.

It's not multiple addresses that I'm having trouble with (sorry, that should have been clearer.)

If I just put in the 5551212@vtext.com address, the script won't send the message. If I replace it with my email address....message successful.

Cisco Employee

What happens if the 5551212@vtext.com is part of a distribution list? Looks like the problem might be the 5551212 at the beginning of the email address.

I haven't tried that. Will report back. Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm trying to the create email + send email step in my script (within if then else branch) but i'm getting exception errors when those 2 steps are being triggered. Based on script debug, it goes to the successful branch of the send email step.

The following was done (email subsystem has been configured accordingly)

a) create a variable (email01) of type contact (with value of null)

b) added create email step into the script (after the caller inputs '33333')with subject, body and email contact (email01)

c) added send email step with email contact (email01), from (Default) and to (xxxx@yahoo.com)

Questions

a) Is the above the proper way to do it?

b) Got a feeling the problem is with the contact variable (email01). What should be the value for that variable? It doesnt seem to accept any other value other than null

Thanks!

With regards,

JT

Views
Helpful
Replies