Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

EMAIL INTERACTION MANAGER

Hi,

I am installing EIM on a Distributed Environment and getting the above error message while trying to start the Cisco Service in the "Services Server"

Complete Scenario:

EIM is being installed on one of the client place in a distributed setup.

1)Application,Web,File Servers has been installed as a single server (3rd Party Softwares like BEA and JDK are installed)

2) DB installed on a separate server (MS SQL 2000 Server with SP4 installed)

3) Services Server Installed on a Separate server (MS IIS 6.0 Installed)

4) All the servers are in the same Domain and they are able to speak while trying to "ping"

5) CIM has been installed on all the servers successfully

6) After which while trying to start the "Cisco Service", I am getting the above error message.

I have tried including the services server with the web/app/file server together in one box and DB Server in a sepaerate box and it works fine. Iam able to access the consoles with no difficulty.

But when the services server is placed on a separate box, we are not able to reach the consoles.

When tried to run the Config.bat, getting an error message

"C:/CIM/eService/bin/ipcc>echo off

No filter has been specified for the default logger.Hence loading default filter."

The log files does not speak much about the error message....

Any help would be highly appreciated

9 REPLIES
Green

Re: EMAIL INTERACTION MANAGER

I do not know the answer to your question.

>I have tried including the services server with the web/app/file server together in one box and DB Server in a sepaerate box and it works fine. Iam able to access the consoles with no difficulty.

Same here. No problem. I have never tried the distribution of services as you have.

Regards,

Geoff

Bronze

HI Guys

Has any one had this same/similar issue and been able to resolve it?

Thanks,

MATT

Cisco Employee

This sounds like it might be a licensing problem. Which server are you adding the licenses too? What type of licenses are being used?

Joe

Bronze

Hi Joe

I have two Lics eg_License and eg_license_1. I have all the services installed on one server as it is just being used internally.

I have been able to run the wizard during the installation but when i try and start CIM

I get the "No filer has been spcified message..." on the services when they start.

Also when i try and log into the default partition i get an error on page from the java applet.

Any ideas?

Matt

Cisco Employee

Hi Matt

Which server did you apply the licenses to? Which directory and what server? The licenses are tied to a specific MAC address. Can you send a copy of the license file?

Bronze

Hi Joe

Not sure what you mean as i only have one server. As i said i have installed every thing on one.

The licenses are installed in the following directory as spec'ed in the Guide:

C:\CIM\eService\config\license

I dont really want to stick the license on here but ive just got direct from cisco and the MACs match.

Thanks,

Matt

>But when the services server is placed on a separate box, we are not able to reach the consoles.

I have deployed CIM in a 3 server distributed setup, much the same as yours.

Some things to make sure of:

1. License files should be generated using the MAC Address of the Services Server, even though they are installed on the App Server. If you got them generated using the MAC of the App Server, you need to get them regenerated by Licensing.

2. Make sure you have the proper version of the JDK installed on the Services Server (not a JRE as specified in some docs). This is because in a distributed server setup, all the CIM services run on the services server, using Java, which means you need to make sure things are setup correctly on it.

3. Make sure you are running the Cisco Services under a domain account. If you are using local system accounts in a distributed setup, you will have authentication issues.

4. Make sure the shared folder on the App Server is setup to use the same domain account mentioned above.

5. Make sure you start SQL Server on the DB Server first, then the Cisco Service on the Services Server, and finally the Cisco Service on the App Server.

C.

Bronze

So basically i have all the application and services server installed on one box. Every thing is on one server. Should this be an issue? Or is this not a supported method. This is for a internal enviroment so none from the out side world will be accessing the servers.

Thanks,

Matt

>So basically i have all the application and services server installed on one box. Every thing is on one server. Should this be an issue?

Perfectly fine - a single server installation works a treat for smaller deployments.

C.

Views
Helpful
Replies