Views
Helpful
Replies

eMail Step

cairns-a
Level 1
Level 1

IPCC-x 3.5

Working on an email script that I want to send to mulitple addresses. On my "Send eMail" step there is a place to put the address to send the email to.

Can I put more then one address in there? If so how?

Or can I create a variable that has the multiple addresses in it? If so what would the value look like?

Thanks for your help

Trae

2 Replies 2

davidgoude
Level 1
Level 1

We are on 4.0(4), so I'm not sure if 3.5 is exactly the same, but here's how we handle it.

We created a variable EmailToAddress. In the Send eMail step, just populate that variable name for the value. Prior to the Send eMail step in the script we set the EmailToAddress variable, which gives the option of having more than one address without creating dist. lists in our Exchange server.

When setting the variable, type in the email addresses separated by semicolons and enclose the whole string of addresses in one set of quotation marks. (Ex - "johndoe@somewhere.com;janedoe@somewhere.com")

Hope this helps

Hi David

Is it possible in email step to set something like round robin trick, so it sends emails to different ops, when 1st email comes, goes to 1st agent, next email to 2nd agent.....etc

Thanx

Vlad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: