Views
Helpful
Replies

Ent. vs Hosted?

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

it may be asked before, but what i want please is the main differences between IPCC enterprise and Hosted? any link clearly lists the differences between both?

if a company purchased an IPCC enterprise, then this company decided to go to hosted edition, is it possible? and how the migration can be done? any additional licenses? any additional HW/SW?..

thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

anyone please?

HI,

really as a high level answer to this topic, IPCC is an enterprise offering, while you could do have different entities working on it, there is truly no mean within the software general specs to separate the activity for a multinenant/outsourced model.

Hosted is addressing this and providing means to run an hosted solution to serve different entities with a single or multiple set of resources(agents).

Regards,

Riccardo

thanks Riccado generally this difference between hosted and ent. is clear even from their names, but can u please guide me to a good link that lists and goes in more details on the differences between both.

thanks

At the core, Enterprise & Hosted IPCC are essentially the same technology. The technology being ICM as the central controller along with Call Manager for call control & CVP for queueing and IVR. The detailed differences between the two are really in how the system is sized and designed.

In a hosted model all of the components can be hosted by the service provider or some may be located at the customer site. In the latter scenario the SP usually deploys what is called a NAM / CICM environment, where a "master" ICM controls one to many "customer" ICMs.

I have attached links to the product sheets for both Hosted and Enterprise IPCC.

Enterprise:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1844/products_data_sheet09186a008009277b.html

Hosted:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps5053/products_data_sheet09186a00801f9e31.html

Hope this helps. Please Rate All Helpful Posts!!

thanks dfogler

1: it seems that i can opertae with IPCC Ent as service provider model either by parent child approach or if the customer does not have his own ICM he can connect to the service provider IPCCE system as a remote site? right?

2: what about security in both cases (Ent and Hosted) i mean if there are many customers and each customer needs a level of security for his own data related to ICM in general so what/how will the level of security that IPCC in both cases be satisfied? even to keep data of the customer hidden and not viewable by the service provider himself?

3: what are needed to migrate to move from Ent to hosted in terms of licensing, additional SW or HW, ....?

thanks