Views
Helpful
Replies

Erratic behavior in UCCX -- "wait while i transfer..."

orrsafety
Level 1
Level 1

(Cisco Unified CCX 8.5.1.11002-22)

We have a script for one of our organizations that eventually works. Simple script: prompts for department, checks agents logged in and ready and then

transfers.

I want our man at, say, Department #1 to get a call if he is logged in and ready. Otherwise, transfer to his voicemail.

The logic seems fine in the script. When I do Reactive Script, it works perfectly every time.

However, if he's not logged-in and/or ready, the call gets transferred to his voicemail, but not before the "Wait while I transfer your call" prompt plays -- anyone from once to five times in immediate succession.

I'm at a loss for what would be causing the erratic number of prompts. Any ideas?

Thanks! Any input is appreciated!

7 Replies 7

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like the error is happening either with the transfer to voicemail, or within voicemail itself.

Could you tell us the step(s) you are using and how the properties are configured, when you transfer the call to voicemail?

There's two main ways to get that done, and I have had more success with one over the other:

1) Call Redirect directly to Voicemail pilot, using the Destination Number Reset to the subscriber primary extension.  This is my preferred method.

2) Call Redirect to a DN within CUCM which is Call Forwarded to Voicemali.  Ususually with a prefix on it, and the VM profile strips the prefix.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Set extnXfer = NorfolkVM

Goto TransferExt

TransferExt:

Call Redirect (--TriggeringContact-- to extnXfer)

Of course, NorfolkVM is a variable that contains a DN forwarded to VM.

That looks like method 2 in my description above.  So something in your CUCM is landing that call, and then forwarding to voicemail.  Do you know how that works, and what components are involved?

Alternatively, you can change to my method 1 above with a few changes to your script.   To do that, do the following:

1. Copy your TransferExt section (label and Call Redirect step), and paste it below the current one.  Rename it to something like "TransferVM".
  2. Edit your Call Redirect step to change the Destination to your Voicemail pilot number as defined in CUCM.
  3. Edit your Call Redirect step to change the Reset Called Address to the variable

So now your script will looks something like this:

Set extnMailbox = NorfolkVM

Goto TransferVM

TransferExt:

Call Redirect (--TriggeringContact-- to extnXfer)

Successful

End

TransferVM:

Call Redirect (--TriggeringContact-- to extnVMPilot)

Successful

End

The main differences in the two approaches is the method 1 uses the Forward Routing Rules while method 2 uses the Direct Routing Rules in voicemail.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony,

Thanks for your suggestions, but even using the VMPilot method, I'm receiving the same results. I get anywhere from 0 to 10 iterations of "Wait while I transfer your call" before I actually get transferred.

That's unfortunate.  I'm sorry, but I don't have the resources to help you from this point forward.  You can keep the thread open to see what others might say, or you could escalate to a TAC case from the Actions menu at the top of the page.

Best of luck.

Anthony Holloway

Worked this through with Cisco, and I wanted to post the resolution here just in case anyone else is looking.

To resolve this, all we had to do was make a change on the mailbox's transfer rules in Unity Connection. In Transfer Rule (Standard), we changed Transfer Calls to: from extension to greeting. Apparently, the call was bouncing back and forth between the DN, which was forwarded to voicemail, and voicemail, which insisted on trying the extension.

Not sure what caused the erratic nature of the problem, but calls transfer reliably and immediately now.

Thank you for posting your resolution.

I'm not sure I understand how this resolved it, as Transfer Rules on a mailbox do not come into play for calls forwarded to voicemail.  They do come in to play within Unity Connection, when you use the Transfer to Subscriber feature in a call action, caller input, or directory handler.

Oh well, I'm happy it's now resolved.

Anthony Holloway