Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception time-out while calling subflow - UCCX 8.5(1)

Hi All,

I'm hoping for some help with trying to debug an error I'm having in one of my scripts.

I have a Call Subflow step within my script which calls a XML file based on the Input Mappings provided. My problem is I receive a timeout error (error below) as soon as the script hits the Call Subflow step. I have tried to debug the script the Call Subflow calls (systemStatus-CSQhttp.aef) but it passes the debug fine and no errors are reported. I only get the error when using the Call Subflow step.

Has anyone seen such a timeout error before or know what would be causing the timeout?

Error:

"Exception creating connection to: 169.254.95.120; nested exception is:

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out; nested exception is:

java.rmi.ConnectIOException: Exception creating connection to: 169.254.95.120; nested exception is:

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out"

Greg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Exception time-out while calling subflow - UCCX 8.5(1)

Greg,

I've had random subflow calling issues in the past on all 8.x versions.  Here are the problem solving steps I usually take.  I try each step, try the script, try the next step, try the script, etc... until I get it working:

• Restart both the CCX Engine and CCX Administration on all nodes
  • Delete the subflow step in the script, drag an empty subflow step in its place and create new subflow call altogether
  • Save a copy of the subflow to your drive, then open the subflow on the server using the CCX Editor, make some small change to a comment and save it
  • From a blank script, create enough variables with values to cover the input/outputs required for the subflow and call it from the new script.  The subflow should be the only step. If it works, your calling script has an issue
  • Uninstall the CCX Editor, reboot.  Then download and install a new copy of the CCX Editor from your UCCX server again.  Reboot and try the preceeding four steps again
  • Give up and call  TAC
  • If all else fails, rewrite the script

-Steven

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Greg,

If even the simplest subflow fails then it is one of two issues. 

1. Either the CCX Engine/Admin needs resetting
  2. Or, and you mentioned this was a new CCX Editor install, perhaps you've not rebooted your local PC since you installed the CCX Editor?    Could you try the CCX Editor on another PC and see if the issue persists?

What version of 8.5(1) are you using?  What is the version of Windows where the CCX Editor is installed?  Might try disabling visual themes as they've been known to affect the CCX Editor sometimes.

-Steven

4 REPLIES

Re: Exception time-out while calling subflow - UCCX 8.5(1)

Greg,

I've had random subflow calling issues in the past on all 8.x versions.  Here are the problem solving steps I usually take.  I try each step, try the script, try the next step, try the script, etc... until I get it working:

• Restart both the CCX Engine and CCX Administration on all nodes
  • Delete the subflow step in the script, drag an empty subflow step in its place and create new subflow call altogether
  • Save a copy of the subflow to your drive, then open the subflow on the server using the CCX Editor, make some small change to a comment and save it
  • From a blank script, create enough variables with values to cover the input/outputs required for the subflow and call it from the new script.  The subflow should be the only step. If it works, your calling script has an issue
  • Uninstall the CCX Editor, reboot.  Then download and install a new copy of the CCX Editor from your UCCX server again.  Reboot and try the preceeding four steps again
  • Give up and call  TAC
  • If all else fails, rewrite the script

-Steven

Thanks Steven for your response. I haven't followed all of your steps listed above e,g, restart CCX engine as its currently business hours for the system but I did create a new subflow with a very very basic script with an If Number1 > 0 then set boolean to true and even this Subflow fails and I get the timeout error..

In your experiecnce which of your steps will most likely fix this problem?

I'm debugging the script from a new installation of CCX editor so i dont think i will need to uninstall and reinstall.

Greg,

If even the simplest subflow fails then it is one of two issues. 

1. Either the CCX Engine/Admin needs resetting
  2. Or, and you mentioned this was a new CCX Editor install, perhaps you've not rebooted your local PC since you installed the CCX Editor?    Could you try the CCX Editor on another PC and see if the issue persists?

What version of 8.5(1) are you using?  What is the version of Windows where the CCX Editor is installed?  Might try disabling visual themes as they've been known to affect the CCX Editor sometimes.

-Steven

Steven, looks like it was the new installation of CCX editor i had installed that was causing the problem, I just re-ran the debug from a known stable install and it worked.

Thanks again!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content