Views
Helpful
Replies

Expected wait time Question regarding configuring UCCX 8.0

sasanka.pathi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am  trying to configure expected wait time in the script. All the calls are coming in and if the calls are in Hold. I am not getting the expected wait time. One main question is do i have provide the voice saying " you expected wait time is " then the system will give the time or how does that work. I have tried all the options i have in my hand but nothing is working. I m attaching a screen shot for refference.

11 Replies 11

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

That Get Statistic step returns an Integer.

You can then use that integer to make a routing decision. Typically I have the customer record some prompts like:

We expect to be able to answer your call within...

1 minute

3 minutes

5 minutes

10 minutes

And then play out the prompts that are appropriate - i.e. get reporting returns '65', play out 'We expect to be able to answer your call within...' '3 minutes' using a concatenated prompt.

In general, if someone is going to be waiting 3 hours, then you don't tell them, as they will hang up, increasing abandons. If they know a few minutes is all they have to wait they may hang on... so you just record a few sensible prompts as above.

Also check the return code from the step. If it comes back -1, then you probably have an error or the system can't calculate a wait time (is anyone logged in?). If it throws back an odd result (i.e. <= 0, then don't play out any prompt). If it comes back higher than you'd like customers to know about, don't play the prompts...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi I am dumb in this scripting. So i have some small doubts in  this.

That get stats step returns an integer.

Where can i find that the get step returns with integer, and according to your saying i think i should use the If step to provide the information. or else can it be done automatically.

Hi

My mistake - it actually returns a string. You can tell what is returned by looking at what you can assign to the step. For example, you can only assign String variables to the 'Result Statistic' field of this step.

You would use an IF step, yes...

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Where can find this string in real time.

Hi

When you start the CCX Editor, you must log in succesfully.

Go to Tools/Reactive Debug.

Select your script, then set a timeout of 60 (seconds) or so.

Dial the pilot number, and the script will appear. You can then step through the script in real time with the F10 key and other options listed under the Debug menu.

Regards

Aaron

Hi As per your suggestion i can see that int value is 56 if 1 call is in queue and 112 if 2nd call is in queue and viceversa. So i am using a call logic based on the average handling time the prompts will say that the customer has to be in 15 or 20 min or what ever prompt i configure for the Number of calls. Is there any way to automate this process saying that once the call comes into queue the system will automatically find the AHT and tell the waiting time.

This is the customer requirement.

Hi

Which bit do you need to 'automate'? It's not clear what you are asking....

The system calculates the time based on various things - if you log in more agents, or deal with calls faster, then the times returned from that step will change.

You just need to look at what is returned (i.e. 56 or whatever) and make an IF decision on it - i.e. if less than 60, say 'queue time is less than one minute'.

Aaron

Hi Aron,

Thanks for your support. What i am trying to do is automate the process of giving the waiting time, instead of your suggested method( Its customer requirement).  So i have created a script and that script will route the call and if the call is queued system auto matically finds the waiting time and it will play the hold music. After waiting 5 minutes it will give menu for the customer to press 1 if he want to stay in the queue or press 2 to hang up the calll. without the automated waiting time configuration the script is working fine, when i add the Expected waiting time and when i configure the application and call the toll free i am getting a ring and the system says " we are having system problems pleae call again later. Is there any problem in my configuration mistake. The script is attached for your refference. Do u think that if i go with TAC they can help ?

Hi

TAC don't typically assist with scripting errors, which is almost certainly what you have here...

When you edited the script, did you go to the 'Validate Script' option in the menus? Do that, and fix any errors it shows, or the script will not load.

If there are no validation errors, perform a reactive debug as suggested above. Step through the script and report back where it fails if it isn't clear what your problem is.

Regards

Aaron

I know this is four year old, however I did run a debug on this script for you.  The prompt pMinutesPrompt was incorrectly identified in the script.  First a capital P was used then a lower case p in the script.  If you correct these errors and run validate it passes.

ausjustin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sasanka 

I am going to do the same solution for our client and just would like to know is it your issue has been resolved ? 

if yes , can you share your script . 

Thanks 

Justin 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: