Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Export and convert uccx recordings not work win7

Hi!

We,re trying to excport cad recordings from our uccx and running the recommended batch conversion utiliy as described in: Cisco CAD Troubleshooting Guide were i follow the page 46 and onwards,

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_0/troubleshooting/guide/cad90ccxtg.pdf

We have done all this in  WINXP and it works but not in WIN7

In this case we have to correct the file path for pointing out the "raw2wav utility" which installs in the "Program files (x86)"-folder in WIN7

The problem:

The export of RAW files from the UCCX works but as soon we reach the "raw2wav utility"   last line in the batch file nothng happens.. see batch file below:

@Echo off

mkdir "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Desktop\Desktop_audio"
psftp 10.61.121.19 -l uccxrecording -pw xxxxxxxxxx -b ftpcommands.txt < fileYes.txt
psftp 10.61.195.12 -l uccxrecording -pw xxxxxxxxxx -b ftpcommands.txt < fileYes.txt
c:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Desktop\bin"
for %%c in (..\..\Desktop_audio\*.Raw) do raw2wav "%%~nc%%~xc"

Pls help us out here!

Rgds

Mikael

8 Replies 8

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I just performed this on my Win7 machine for the first time and with one small exception it worked.

I was not getting the Desktop_audio folder to be created, so I then launched cmd with "Run Elevated" or "Run As Administrator" and then it worked.

Are you sure you have Raw files in the Desktop_audio folder?

Also, the fifth line "c:" seems to be unnecessary as that switches the active drive you are on, but you remain on C: the entire time.  Feel free to drop it.

Hi Anthony!

Thx for replying and testing!

I guess you tested with a similar bat file where you used the "Program Files (x86)/folders. for files and program!

The strange is that i see the *.raw files populating the

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Desktop\Desktop_audio folder and when the Batch file reach the last line (below) he do nothing and no error!

any other clue?

rgds Mikael

Yes, (x86) as well.

Here is the sample BAT file I used just to test things out.  Note that since you are not failing on downloading the *.raw files, I just skipped that piece for testing purposes.

mkdir "C:\Program Files (X86)\Cisco\Desktop_audio"
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Desktop\bin"

Can you remove the first line of @echo off and then run the bat file in an elevated command prompt window and then paste the results here?  Removing the @echo off will cause all commands to be output to the window for you to see.

It seems that i can't do the "makedir" command! Tested even as local admincSee outpot 1! Therefore i also removed the "makedir" command in the second outpot, but still nothings get convertered! Is it becacuse he can' create the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Desktop\Desktop_wav" folder??

Outpot 1 - Testing with makedir command:......................

c:\Bat files for win7>mkdir "C:\Program Files (X86)\Cisco\Desktop_audio"
Access is denied.

C:\Bat files for win7>cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Desktop\bin"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Desktop\bin>for %c in (..\..\Desktop_audio\*.Raw) d
o raw2wav "%~nc%~xc"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Desktop\bin>

Outpot 2 - Testing without makedir command:......................still not converting raw files

C:\Bat files for win7>convert_test

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Desktop\bin>for %c in (..\..\Desktop_audio\*.Raw) d
o raw2wav "%~nc%~xc"

What do you think Anthony?

rgds Mikael

The mkdir failing is probably not an issue since you said the folder already exists and the raw files are being downloaded.  However, the reason why it's failing, "Access is denied." is the more likely cause of the overall failure.  Are you in fact an administrator on that machine?  What about switching where you are downloading the files to and get away from using the programs folder all together?  It's not a requirement.  For example, you could try to mkdir a folder on your desktop and then download the files there.  The raw2wav would stay in its folder for now.

I will try to makedir to the desktop! I can't figure how the "Desktop_wav" folder is created! Thinking if we can move that folder also to the desktop!

any idea?

rgds Mikael

Yes, it does not have to be in that folder.  That's just a suggestion for the example.

Hi again!

It seems that i can't do the "makedir" command! Tested even as local admincSee outpot 1! Therefore i also removed the "makedir" command in the second outpot, but still nothings get convertered! Is it becacuse he can' create the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Desktop\Desktop_wav" folder??

Outpot 1 - Testing with makedir command:......................

c:\Bat files for win7>mkdir "C:\Program Files (X86)\Cisco\Desktop_audio"
Access is denied.

o raw2wav "%~nc%~xc"

Outpot 2 - Testing without makedir command:......................still not converting raw files

C:\Bat files for win7>convert_test

o raw2wav "%~nc%~xc"

What do you think Anthony?

rgds Mikael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: