cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Agent state while Talking - UCCX/Finesse 10.6

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

Recently upgraded from UCCX 7.1 to 10.6 - and changed from CAD to Finesse.

Supervisors tell me that when an agent makes an outbound call (not a script or outbound campaign),   Finesse  shows that agent in "Not Ready" state.  Previously in CAD it would show state as "Talking"  - which allowed them to truly and more quickly see that person was not available to go Ready to take incoming calls - it made this part of managing the agents easier.   

Our agents do a lot of outgoing calls and juggle multiple tasks, there are Reason codes for the tasks,  but if they could already see some where "Talking" they could go past looking at them and concentrate on the others in  "Not Ready"  (via  reason  codes)   to determine who to pull off and put in Ready to take incoming queue calls.

Have I missed something in configuration that can allow the state to be  "Talking"  while on outgoing calls?

It does show Talking if they are on an Incoming call .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you have not missed anything. There had been lot of changes from 7.x to 10.6 and this is one of them. For simple outbound calls that agents make will not set Finesse to Talking, it will remain in Not Ready only. Even if your agents would be using CAD then also the behavior is same i.e., CAD will also remain in Not Ready and will not go to Talking.

This change is not related to these desktop clients but in fact that UCCX 7 was Windows Based and starting 8.x it is all Linux. This change in fact had been incorporated starting 8.x itself when we change the platform from Windows to Linux. State will only change to Talking for Inbound ACD calls along with the outbound calls that agents receive through Outbound Dialer and not for manual Outbound calls.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you have not missed anything. There had been lot of changes from 7.x to 10.6 and this is one of them. For simple outbound calls that agents make will not set Finesse to Talking, it will remain in Not Ready only. Even if your agents would be using CAD then also the behavior is same i.e., CAD will also remain in Not Ready and will not go to Talking.

This change is not related to these desktop clients but in fact that UCCX 7 was Windows Based and starting 8.x it is all Linux. This change in fact had been incorporated starting 8.x itself when we change the platform from Windows to Linux. State will only change to Talking for Inbound ACD calls along with the outbound calls that agents receive through Outbound Dialer and not for manual Outbound calls.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks Deepak !!

This is a shame, to have something useful and then the  developers don't figure out how to continue it's use.

Jakub Stroinski
Level 4
Level 4

The agents are not ready but a reason code is provided showing that they are making an outbound non ICD call.

You could develop a gadget that would present the info based off of that.

The Reason Code solution is ok but in Supervisor it just shows "Not Ready" - not a name .. so I had to create a Not Ready - Talking   Reason code so that when when in Superivisor they can see that.

In the Live Data report - which I find is a much better view of the agents and state as it does not list all agents - only those logged in - but it only shows the codes for Not Ready - something I wish I could change.

I am a newbie and have not developed the skills yet to develope a gadget  ... will try at some point to figure out how to do that :-)

Is anyone aware if a solution to this has been developed in the past 2 years? 

I imagine we are not alone in having agents who perform both inbound and outbound calls.

The supervisors cannot tell that someone is talking on an outbound call, and assumes not ready is someone taking a break.  This is a serious management problem.

We are on CUIC Version:10.6(1)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: