Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fixed seating with CAD and IPCC Enterprise 7.0

I need to fix the phone extension that an agent can login with using CAD. IPCC Express can do this but I cannot see if IPCC Enterprise can

Thanks in advance

Michael Oldham

10 REPLIES

Re: fixed seating with CAD and IPCC Enterprise 7.0

Hi,

I assume you are wanting to set the CAD login dialogue to always display the same ext?

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\config\PhoneDev.ini

[PhoneDevice]

Appearance0=9999 <----login ext

[AgentID]

AgentID=xxx.xxx

I set the ext ID to xxxx fixed for each desktop then saved the .ini file and made it read only so the correct/fixed ext number always comes up.

The agent could still alter it if they wanted but it ensures that the PC/phone relationship remains fixed.

Hope this is what you are looking for

Bully

Thanks this helps in that the agent can use the defaults. My issue is I need it fixed as I am in a hosted IPCC environment and if an agent were to change it to another number that belongs to another customers they get there calls :(

Sorry I am not going to answer your question, however I am interested in how you set up this hosted envirnment. Obviously you put multiple customer in one ICM instance, how do you deal with reporting? one customer could see reporting objects from other customers.

We are looking for a solution to support more smaller customers, however reporting is the obstable we are facing.

Wei

We are leveraging off custom reports build earlier. As you pointed out the hosted IPCC is meant for one customer per ICM CICM instance. This is not a very ecomomical model especially when using CVP.

So you built custom reports instead of letting customers see Webview?

We are also looking to further customize hosted IPCC to suit smaller cusotmers. To share one ICM instance is one of option.

Wei

correct. Webview cannot handle the multiple customer per instance. You also have issue with MAC's , skill group chanegs as well which we will build a custom front end for.

Micheal,

Just a thought. Can partitioned ICM help in Wei's reporting problem of one customer being able to access other customer's reporting objects?

Cisco do not recommend using partitions last time I checked so I did not go down this path.

We use ICM partition in the past, basically partition only segregates script, dialed number, call type, label. (If you look at ICm database schema, there is customerDefinitionID on those tables). It doesn't help to segregate for other objects that are used in reporting.

Wei

Thanks for info -

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content