Helpful
Replies

From Call Studio 3 to Call Studio 8: Session Data

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

From CVP Studio 3 to CVP Studio 8:

I am facing a problem that the variables that are used to communicate with the jar files (java files), now it is not appearing when we opened the application at CVP Studio 8. Actually in Version 3 (and I think up to version 7), for each element: there were a tab called Data as shown below, it contains the added variables that are used to communicate with the JAR files, now I do not see it in version 8. Where I can see it?

I noticed that there is Application Modifier element (which can be selected from the context): it has the data tab, and I am no more able to see this data tab in the elements (like Subdialog_Start, ... etc).

What is the solution for this? Is it to add them again manual or there is a method to find them? Where?

This picture at Studio 3:

SubDialog_Data.JPG

Where at Studio 8:

Subdialog_Data_8.JPG

Subdialog_SessionData.JPG

Regards

Bilal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I believe I mentioned this exact problem when you previously asked about migrating CVP3 VXML apps to the latest CVP VXML.

It was removed in CVP 7. Why, I have no idea.

The most sensible thing to do is insert an Application Modifier node immediately after the Subdialog Start node, and initialize all your variables there. A manual task, I am afraid. But gee, it won't take long. And it will work perfectly.

Just look at the XML file for the Subdialog Start element on the app deployed on your CVP 3 VXML server and do a bit of copy-paste.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I believe I mentioned this exact problem when you previously asked about migrating CVP3 VXML apps to the latest CVP VXML.

The most sensible thing to do is insert an Application Modifier node immediately after the Subdialog Start node, and initialize all your variables there. A manual task, I am afraid. But gee, it won't take long. And it will work perfectly.

Just look at the XML file for the Subdialog Start element on the app deployed on your CVP 3 VXML server and do a bit of copy-paste.

Regards,

Geoff

Dear Geoff;

* There was another resource worked on the CVP Script compilation, so I did not notice this. When they did a compilte for it at version 7.5 and it was written in version 3, they did not fix this (they did not add Application Modifier) and put these variables. But the strange thing that it compiled and it worked !!

Now we did some changes at the java classes "which was compiled to work at version 3 because still version 3 is the production" and we need to deploy the CVP script with its new java classes at version 8, so we compiled at the studio 8 but when we deployed it at VXML Server then it generated errors related to a JAR file ... So maybe this JAR file need to be compiled at the right java version.

When I was in this situation, I noticed this problem that the variables are not appearing and I posted my question. I do not know if this problem is the reason for why we are not able to deploy the script at the VXML Server of version 8 or the JAR file needs to be recompiled .. I do not know. But if the variables are the problem, then why it worked in version 7.5 without need to use the Application Modifier?

Thanks for the help and kindly advance.

Regards

Bilal

Bilal,

When they did a compilte for it at version 7.5 and it was written in version 3, they did not fix this (they did not add Application Modifier) and put these variables. But the strange thing that it compiled and it worked !!

and I think the reason is that the XML file that described the Subdialog Start still had that session variable initialization - but you simply could not see it in the Builder.

It's always instructive to look at the XML files it creates. That part is not rocket science (some parts of CVP are, but not that)

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: