Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

FromExtVXML / ToExtVXML Variable length change

Hi All,

I am experiencing the self service is down whenever i change the FromExtVXML/ToExtVXML length in ICM ECC variable list.

If anyone knows the reason please help to fix this issue.

3 REPLIES
Green

Re: FromExtVXML / ToExtVXML Variable length change

Doesn't suprise me. Why are you changing the length? What if you wanted to change the number of elements?

Calculate exactly how much space you need in the longest element of each of these arrays. Also calculate exactly how many elements you need in each of the arrays. Then set these up correctly. You will have to delete and add again if you need to change the number of elements.

Arrays like these really chew up the ECC space, so a bit of careful thinking beforehand pays dividends in managing your ECC variables.

Regards,

Geoff

actually we are using 5 variables passing from to and fro vxml server. but we are not using 100 character length parameters maximum using 50 character length.

Now i wanted to free up 410 character spaces for some other variables so i am trying to reduce the length to 50.

But it is not working. Kindly explain how this length affects the vxml self service.

Green

Did you restart the CVP PG?

As I said, figure out exactly what you need as far as length and number of elements. Say you only need 50 chars and 3 elements. Then bring CVP and the PG down, delete the ECC and add it again with new length and number of elements, then fire up again.

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies