cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Function of Queue to Skill Group node when used to route to multiple available agents

mashdown2e2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I need to understand the characteristics of the Queue to Skill Group node when used to route to multiple available agents.

Relevant extracts from Cisco Scripting Guide on the “Queue” node...

“If an agent becomes available in one of the skill groups or at one of the scheduled targets, the call is routed to that resource. Note: When processing a Queue node, the router first checks for an available target, if there is none available then the router attempts to queue the call. The call does not move to the VRU if there is an available agent.”

My customer uses this node without initially checking for Available Agents in a separate Route Select node. If agents are available, as described in the extracts, these call will be immediately routed to available agents. What is does not say is, if there are many agents available, how does it pick the agent? If possible please point me to where this is defined by Cisco as it’s not in the documentation I’ve reviewed.

I'm running ICM 7.5 with CVP is the queuing resourse in a UCCE environment.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

2 Replies 2

UCCE uses longest available agent, when there are multiple agents available at the same time the agent who has been available the longest will get the first call.  I'm pretty sure this is in the SRND.

david

berpicke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Mark.

Per your “Queue to Skill Grp” node inquiry.

FYI –

The answer to your question actually depends on how your ICM script is written \ configured.

Note: You can prioritize agents within a skill group.

But basically when using a “Queue to Skill Group” node, you can configure the agent skill groups to your needs and requirements, but there are a few documented things to consider.

If you use the Queue to Skill Group node instead of Queue to Enterprise Skill Group, then do not use the base priority within the Queue node unless the option is enabled in the router through the registry. If agents are assigned to base skill groups, use base skill groups in this node; if they are assigned to sub-skill groups, use sub-skill groups.

If the script has both Queue to Skill Group and Queue to Enterprise Skill Group nodes, then do not include skill groups defined within the Queue to Skill Group nodes that belong to the enterprise skill groups that are defined within the Queue to Enterprise Skill Group node.

However, you can add other node types, like “LAA” aka “Select” or “If”, prior  to the “Queue to Skill Grp” node, that define how calls are also routed to the agents.

Example:

In your ICM script, if you have a “Queue to Skill Grp” node configured w\ two skill grps, (1 & 3), so Skill grp 1 is configured first, then skill grp 3, if all agents are busy in skill grp 1, then yes calls should flow to skill grp 3.

Just be apprised that if your script has "select" nodes, configured as "LAA", or some other similar node rule, it will follow that criteria, where although skill grp 1 agents are configured first in the “Queue to Skill Grp” node list, if agents in skill grp 3 have been available the longest, the skill grp 3 agent calls will receive the call first.

Here is a URL link to the ICM Scripting and Media Routing Guide to assist you in creating your ICM script.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1844/products_user_guide_list.html

Bernard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: