cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gatekeeper configuration for CVP

tapk5
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to set up a demo environment for CVP, but didn't get much success in gatekeeper configuration. The problem is in CVP agent transfer, the call gets CVP treatment without problem. when zero out for agent, the label is returned to voice browser, VB should contact CCM to ring agent's phone, but it doesn't happen, however I can see agent is reserved state from CTIOS desktop, hard phone doesn't ring.

Any ideas?

Wei

5 Replies 5

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Here is what I do.

1. Create a "Gatekeeper" in CallManager pointing to the IP Address of your CVP gatekeeper.

2. Create a "Trunk" in CallManager and set the "Tech Prefix" to 3#

3. On your "Gateway" prefix all incoming "called" nubers with a 3

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^\(.*\)/ /3\1/

!

voice translation-profile PREFIX-3

translate called 1

!

dial-peer voice 21000 voip

description HELP DESK 2100 RAS

translation-profile incoming block

translation-profile outgoing PREFIX-3

destination-pattern 2100

progress_ind setup enable 1

voice-class codec 1

voice-class h323 1

session target ras

tech-prefix 2#

dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none

icpif 25

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 21001 voip

description HELP DESK 2100 VB1

translation-profile incoming block

translation-profile outgoing PREFIX-3

preference 1

destination-pattern 2100

progress_ind setup enable 1

voice-class codec 1

session target ipv4:

tech-prefix 2#

dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

no vad

4. On your Voice Browser "VB Admin" enter the command "SetSigDigits 1".

After you do that calls will route properly to agents and you won't have to put the 3# (or whatever prefix you were using) in the agents label configuration.

don't forget to rate posts

andy - berbee

Thanks Andy,

I am newbie for CVP/GK, so there are a few questions on your configurations.

(1) Why do you prefix all incoming all called number with '3', then strip it from CVP after?

(2) In GW, all dial peers comes with tech-prefix 2#, where is this tech-prefix defined? on CVP?

(3) Tech prefix 3# is reported from CCM, 2# from CVP by default?? do you configure 1# somewhere? which tech prefix is used as default technology in GK?

Wei

1. Because if your CM trunk is set to register with the gatekeeper using 3#. Basically, when you use the "SetSigDigits 1" command in the VB Admin CVP will strip the first digit that comes in, and then when that call is sent outbound it prefixes that digit back on with a #. So any calls that CVP transfers outbound will have the the first digit prefixed plus a #. For example, if your DNIS for your CVP script is 4000, CVP will get 34000. CVP strips that digit, but stores it along with that call. If an agent is then selected, agent with extension 5000 for example, CVP requests to the gatekeeper using 3#5000. The gatekeeper recognizes that the CallManager is registered using 3# so it knows to send the call to CallManager extension 5000.

2. In VB Admin use the command "SetTechPrefix 2#"

3. 1# you can use to register gateways with the gatekeeper so you would put 1# on your gateway interface.

don't forget to rate posts please.

andy - berbee

Thanks, again Andy, this information really helps me understand the call flow. However I still can't make it work, The voice browser log shows "ERROR: Received Admission Reject from H.323 Gatekeeper". I guess I missed something in gatekeeper, would you mind to share your gatekeeper configuration?

Wei

Send me copies of your config to netpro@dignans.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: