cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Generated Prompt Does Not Play

mark.watson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a script that is set to play a generated prompt and it does not play.  I have a variable named balance that is an integer populated with the number 500.  The goal is to have the system play back "five hundred dollars" but right now I am just trying to get it to play back "Five hundred or Five zero zero"  I am using the create generated prompt step to read the variable balance as a number.  The generator type is number, constructor type is number, play full.  The argument is name number with value balance and name play full value false so as I understand it, the system should play back "five zero zero" to an output prompt AccountBalance.  I then use the play prompt step set to P[AccountBalance] and in debugging, the script passes right over the play prompt step, there are no errors, it just skips over the step and does not play the prompt.  The override language is L[en_US].  UCCX 9.0.2

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Without actually seeing your script, it sounds like you're doing most of it correctly.  However, you did not specify the output prompt from the Create Generated Prompt step.  Because you gave the example: P[AccountBalance], I can already see that this is incorrect.  The result of the Create Generated Prompt step would not use the user prompt notation: P[].  If AccountBalance is in fact the resulting prompt from the Create Generated Prompt step, then try simply referencing it in your Play Prompt step as AccountBalance and no as P[AccountBalance].

Also, to play numbers, you don't even need the Create Generate Prompt step:

N[100] == "One Hundred"

#[5] == "Fifth"

S[601] == "Six Zero One"

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Without actually seeing your script, it sounds like you're doing most of it correctly.  However, you did not specify the output prompt from the Create Generated Prompt step.  Because you gave the example: P[AccountBalance], I can already see that this is incorrect.  The result of the Create Generated Prompt step would not use the user prompt notation: P[].  If AccountBalance is in fact the resulting prompt from the Create Generated Prompt step, then try simply referencing it in your Play Prompt step as AccountBalance and no as P[AccountBalance].

Also, to play numbers, you don't even need the Create Generate Prompt step:

N[100] == "One Hundred"

#[5] == "Fifth"

S[601] == "Six Zero One"

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

mark.watson
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot believe I actually did that, I read your answer and thought..no I didn't do that but then I looked at my script and yes I did.  My only defense is it was 2am after all.  This script is a credit card account inquiry so it is going out and retrieving information from a database and playing the standard stuff you would hear..balance, available credit, last transactions etc so it is kind of complicated (for me).  I would suspect that you will be hearing more from me, sorry about that.

In any event, thank you for the resolution

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: