Views
Helpful
Replies

Get digit string : 4 and 5 digits DNs

Sandy Lee
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a dial plan with DNs of 4 digits from 2000 to 8999 and DNs of 5 digits 1XXXX. I have an ICD application that prompts the caller "If you know your party's extension number, dial it now".

In my script, the "Get digit string" is setup with "#" for terminating key and number of digits=5. The problem is that when a caller dials a 5 digits extn number followed by the #, it doesn't transfer the call, but repeats the prompt and finally goes to the unsuccessful branch.

If I don't put the # terminating key, when a caller dials a 4 digits extn, it doesn't succeed either. How can I fix that ?

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lbustos
Level 1
Level 1

hi

The number of digits must increase it to 6, the # must be included

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

What you need to do is check the timeout branch too. If a 4 digit extension is correct but the GetDigit is expecting 5, then it is going to timeout after the timeout # of seconds. There you can check the length and then transfer the call. I wrote a small sample script that you can use for your purpose. Let me know if that works.

Hi,

I'm a beginner with scripts, and I don't know what does "intLength = strExtension.length()" do ? I don't have that icon, is it java stuff ? I'm running IPCC express standard 3.1(3), can I do that with the version I'm running ?

Thanks.

Oh yeah, sorry about that. You cannot use Java in Standard version. You need enhanced version. I will get back on this later

lbustos
Level 1
Level 1

hi

The number of digits must increase it to 6, the # must be included

So simple! Thank you very much.