Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Get HTTP data from UCCX script and display it on CAD layout

Hello

Im trying to create a URL doc on uccx scripting and get http to display on the agent desktop,so far im having a problem how to store the HTML data on the script return by the URL.

following is my URL

http://172.20.100.241/verba/api?action=GetCallID&apiKey=423D3DB8-BD1F-41E2-8C6B-15AD4A1E5CB9&token=09835e02-6c10-11e0-bb22-ba324924019b&responseType=TEXT&extension=''&status=ongoing

* Extension will be the agent extension which call is get connected ,this will be pulled from the script

and this will replay with somthing like mentiond below when run this on browser

3db9ece5-9596-11e3-852c-e41f132497d8

see the attached file for my progress ,im stuck in here

any help will be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Get HTTP data from UCCX script and display it on CAD layout

Alright, so you probably know that you need to set the value of verba_return to a call variable or to an ECC variable and present it to the CAD.

Good luck with that and let us know if you get stuck.

G.

36 REPLIES

Get HTTP data and display it by UCCX script

Hi,

If you wish to have a web page displayed at the CAD level, then you do not configure this in the script.  You exclusively fill this out within Cisco Desktop Administrator (CDA) as an Action based on a button click, or voice activity (E.g., Ringing, Answer, End Call).

If part of the URL is known to the script, then you will have to pass that to CAD as Enterprise Data so that you can build the URL on the fly at the CAD level.

From the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/user/guide/cda85ccxug-cm.pdf

Check out the sections on: Enterprise Data (p61), Browser Setup (p72) and Actions - HTTP Actions (p109).

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony

Thank you for your reply,

i tried  your solution,but then this request will be run by the CAD user,but i  need this to run by the UCCX server and just display it on CAD layout as  "Verba_Call_ID".

cause i can assign this ApiKey only for one IP address.so i would prefer to run this by the server.

any help please

i have updated the subject for better understanding

Thilina

Hi.

I see. License restrictions, nasty things they are, indeed.

I am afraid you got it all wrong. The Get HTTP Contact Info step is used for a quite different thing.

Also there's a few thins I can't understand. Like you are calling the Create URL Document with the verba_url_base variable, returning verba_url_Doc, which is overwritten by the next Set step.

What you need to do (probably):

1. Clearly define the HTTP URL you want to access.

2. Use the Create URL Document step to make a reference to that desired HTTP URL.

3. Optional: use the Cache Document step to make the HTTP request.

4. Filter out the interesting information from the Document (probably a HTML or an XML page).

Let's start with 1. What is the URL you want to reach?

G.

This is the URL

http://172.20.100.241/verba/api?action=GetCallID&apiKey=423D3DB8-BD1F-41E2-8C6B-15AD4A1E5CB9&token=09835e02-6c10-11e0-bb22-ba324924019b&responseType=TEXT&extension=''&status=ongoing

but "Extension" fileld need to be the agent extension who will handle the call at that time.

the idea is need to get the ongoing call id relavent to perticular call handled by the agent at that time

i got a clear idea now from what you told,i removed that step,i can see it was so dumb.no i can see verba_url_Doc is getting created right,now i want to,

1.Parse that URL

2.get the HTML out put

3.store in variable

4.display it on CAD layout.

Okay, one step at a time.

Let's focus on getting that extension into that URL, shall we?

Can you modify your script a tiny bit:

1. create a new String variable, name it verba_url_z, with the following initial value:

"http://172.20.100.241/verba/api?action=GetCallID&apiKey=423D3DB8-BD1F-41E2-8C6B-15AD4A1E5CB9&token=09835e02-6c10-11e0-bb22-ba324924019b&responseType=TEXT&status=ongoing&extension="

2. Insert a Set step after the Get User Info step. Set verba_url_z = verba_url_z + extension

3. Modify the next step, verba_url_Doc = Create URL Document(verba_url_z)

4. Replace the next step (Set verba_url_Doc = create_verba_url) with a Cache Document step (verba_url_Doc)

Have an agent go available, enable reactive debugging, place a call, do step over, observe the value of the verba_url_Doc variable, post its value to here as a file.

G.

Hi

what do you mean by "post its value here as a file?"

i have a screen cap,

001.jpg

Hi, can you please do this again, but this time that pointer (red line) should be past the step we are observing (the Cache Document one), it must reach at least that Connect step.

By posting it I mean double clicking the verba_url_Doc variable in the variable list, copying the Value field, pasting into a text editor, preferably notepad, saving it as something.txt, attaching the file to the post (switch to the advanced editor).

G.

here i have attached it.

thanks

Hi,

something bad happened. That binary string you posted actually translates to:

An error occured while performing your request.

Error Code: -50

Error Message: Call for extension 3524 with status ongoing not found after 10 tries, with sleep time 2000.

Can you talk to the administrator or the programmer of that application?

G.

can you check it now please

Well, did not get any better:

Error Code: -50

Error Message: Call for extension 3521 with status ongoing not found after 10 tries, with sleep time 2000.

G.

ah OK,this output is possible,cause verba DB will only save this call when its established,but we are not going to that step.thats why its returning this.

Alright then, let the call connect. I need to see a realistic output.

G.

check it now please

Well, it's different, but still, kind of not expected:

Error Code: -40

Error Message:

G.

hope this time will have luck

Yes.

Actually, the representation of that BIN[binary] is: 2d8c5ff9-9aeb-11e3-85f7-3640b59bd133

Now, what you need to do is add yet another String variable, name it verba_return.

Then insert the following Set step after the Cache document one: Set verba_return = verba_url_Doc.

This verba_return contains that String you need.

Now, question is, how to get it to the CAD. Are you familiar with the Desktop Administrator?

G.

Yep,i think i can manage it.

Alright, so you probably know that you need to set the value of verba_return to a call variable or to an ECC variable and present it to the CAD.

Good luck with that and let us know if you get stuck.

G.

Thank you soo much for your time.

You're welcome, thanks for the rating. Have fun scripting UCCX.

G.

G, nice work my friend.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Hi

again i need your help,

CAD layout doensnt show the callid  as expected,it only shows blank space,and furthermore when checked on  the debugging i can see callid value is modified little bit as follows

U"9467bf84-9d39-11e3-babc-3640b59bbf4b\r\n"

Hi,

you can trim that string by calling the trim() method on that string. Just add another Set step, like this:

Set verba_return = verba_return.trim()

Try this and if this does not help, we will go deeper.

G.

Hello

Still im getting a blank filed on CAD layout,see the attached file,do i need to set the enterprice call info before the call get connected ?

uccx2.jpg

Message was edited by: Thilina manamendra

Hi,

that looks alright.

Can you please try reactive debugging to ensure the value of the variable callid is correct.

And please also post the screenshot of the layout from the Desktop Administrator.

G.

Hi,

oh, sorry, I forgot to say that yes, you need to use all four steps before connecting the call to the agent (before the Connect step).

G.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content