cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Giving a User Some Options and Allowing them To Enter a 5 Digit Extension.

Adan Zuniga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to script the following prompt. I usually do this via a "Menu Step" with the difference that I have never given the user the opportunity to enter a single digit or a 5 number extension. We also give the users the option to press 2 to be connected to billing, but most of our 5 digit extensions begin with 2.  

“Thank you for callingTo continue in Spanish, please press 8.  To reach the Emergency Room, please press one, billing press two, Medical Records press three, Radiology, Mammography and MRI, press four, Human Resources, press five.  If you know your party’s five-digit extension, please dial it now or wait for the next available operator.  Thank you.”

Any assistance in the matter is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks. 

8 Replies 8

Ravi Shankar Pandit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

If caller confuse with digits then you can give different digit for billing or you can change the starting digit or extension .

Regards

Ravi

Thank you for your response Ravi, unfortunately those are not options for us, we need to maintain the prompt as is and script accordingly. Thanks. 

If you want you can change the Prompt . I will give you Prompt Recording script .

Regards

Ravi

I would use Get Digits instead of Menu, with a maximum digit length of 5, and an interdigit timeout of no more than 3 seconds... If the result is 5 digits long, you've got an extension number, and if it's 1 digit long, you've got your menu choice. Anything else, you can do your "next available operator" routing, or replay the prompt.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Thank you for your response Jameson, so would I then use a switch to do the routing? Or what do you recommend? 

Yes, a switch would probably work fine for the single-digit cases. You'd have to use the "Default" option to handle everything that's not single-digit.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Thank you for all your help Jameson, I almost have my script up and running. The only part that I am having problems with is with the Get Digit string. If I set the input value to 5, and I enter a single digit, the call is routed to the "Unsuccessful" step. If I set the input value to 1 and I enter a 5 Digit extension, it ignores the remaining 4 digits. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

Take a look at this thread, you might find an answer to your problem there:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11889166/uccx-90-during-prompt-menu-dial-extension-any-time

-Jameson