cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Grab a specific call waiting in a queue

Marco Villani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, my customer wants the option supervisor and the agent to put a call on hold and answer to a second call that its on the queue . is there a way to accomplish this? does the sytem support it? thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry, none of the Cisco solutions offer this feature (UCCX nor UCCE), I know I3 offers this and once the customers get used to it's difficult to readjust when they convert to cisco.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

Mrcvlln26 - we ran into somewhat of a similar issue. Our support staff utilizes several queues (queues are for specific specialties) and needed a way to move callers from queue to queue or move a caller to a specific destination such as an IPCC Agent extention or an external number.

Cisco doesnt offer this feature (to my knowlege) natively.. so we accomplished this via a call pick application script. We added a piece of code to our call script that checks to see if the call should be redirected after each queue cycle. The additional code checks an XML file that is written to by a seperate call moving appication.

So..for example. Caller calls in and is waiting to see specialty agents A but the wait is 20 minutes and specialty agents B are open.. one of our team leads calls into an application and selects to move the oldest call to a new queue. The caller on hold is redirected or requeued to the new queue. This works our pretty well and we have the check occur at the begining of a new queue cycle so it isnt apparent to the caller.

This might not be what you need but it was an easy way for us to manage callers once in the queue. Feel free to let me know if you would like any additional information or have any specific queuestions on how to accomplish such a script.

Thanks!

Andrew

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry, none of the Cisco solutions offer this feature (UCCX nor UCCE), I know I3 offers this and once the customers get used to it's difficult to readjust when they convert to cisco.

HTH,

Chris

is there a way to take a call waiting on queue and answer, pretty much what they asking me is if the Supervisor sees a call waiting for a long time can he decide to intercept and take the call? thanks.

Mrcvlln26 - we ran into somewhat of a similar issue. Our support staff utilizes several queues (queues are for specific specialties) and needed a way to move callers from queue to queue or move a caller to a specific destination such as an IPCC Agent extention or an external number.

Cisco doesnt offer this feature (to my knowlege) natively.. so we accomplished this via a call pick application script. We added a piece of code to our call script that checks to see if the call should be redirected after each queue cycle. The additional code checks an XML file that is written to by a seperate call moving appication.

So..for example. Caller calls in and is waiting to see specialty agents A but the wait is 20 minutes and specialty agents B are open.. one of our team leads calls into an application and selects to move the oldest call to a new queue. The caller on hold is redirected or requeued to the new queue. This works our pretty well and we have the check occur at the begining of a new queue cycle so it isnt apparent to the caller.

This might not be what you need but it was an easy way for us to manage callers once in the queue. Feel free to let me know if you would like any additional information or have any specific queuestions on how to accomplish such a script.

Thanks!

Andrew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: