Views
Helpful
Replies

Graphing via SNMP: percentagememoryusedaftergc

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using RTMT to graph CCX Engine JVM Heap: percentagememoryusedaftergc

Is this same counter available via SNMP?  If so, do you know the OID?  I'd like to monitor it via our SNMP graphing software rather than RTMT.

Thanks                  

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I don't want to be cheeky, but what do you need this information for?

G.

We're getting frequent UnifiedCCXEngineMemoryUsageHigh alarms, and trying to trend the utilization throughout the day. We also want to be able (after we have a baseline) to analyze the impact of some changes we will be implementing.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you find if these counters are available via SNMP?  I just use RTMT performance logging to trend these values.  Also, I don't look at the "aftergc" counter, but rather, the "max" and "used" counters.  By grabbing both of these, I can produce a nice chart which shows a ceiling, a value, and their relationship.

Just for fun, here's two different systems (the dashed lines) and how the JVM heap gets used and reclaimed throughout a four hour period of the day.  These two systems are on 8.5(1) with 256MB of JVM available to them.  Again, had I not had the "max" counter logging, you wouldn't be able to tell if this was from a 256MB or 512MB system.  Of course, if the values were floating above 256MB, you could reasonably assume the opposite.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: