cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Handling multiple calls in CAD (UCCX 8.5)?

drotheahit
Level 1
Level 1

We'd like agents to be able to hand off long duration calls to another line, to be able to free up their agent extension for incoming calls from UCCX. However, if we transfer the call to another ext on the same phone, CAD still shows them in a talking state. The thing is, I added extra lines to the agent device profiles a week ago and we were able to do this - the call would go onto a different line, and CAD would go back to ready, but this week, no go. However we can still initiate calls on other non-agent extensions on a phone and CAD stays in a ready state - this is what we want. So, obviously we're puzzled by this inconsistent behavior and are wondering if what we want to do is possible?

Thanks in advance...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

yes, I believe so. If this is what Cisco tells you you probably should not do that :-)

Would you mind explaining why exactly need to put the longer calls on hold? Do they need special treatment, like, for instance a back office worker? If so, did you try parking the call?

G.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi.

Wow. I wonder why it ever worked. You are not supposed to do that, really.

What you might want to do is actually: send the long call back to the UCCX and let it wait there. This way your reporting would be consistent and you don't have to worry about multiple lines on your agents' phones. 

G.

I think I know why it worked initially - I had just added extra extensions to the agents device profile and UCCX must have not been aware of them yet (not synched up ?!).

Ok, so I take it by your answer that UCCX is not designed do this at all - correct? If that's the case, then I'd like to know what the "multiple line" support is supposed to do in UCCX. And I'm guessing that when you say send them back to UCCX you are meaning just do a transfer back to the trigger, correct?

Thanks...

Hi, I ran through the UCCX 8.5(1) SRND and there IS multiline support (explained on p. 47) There is a note, though:

ACD calls should only be transferred to the ACD lines controlled by Cisco Unified CCX.

There's no additional info on that, "should" is a bit vague in this case, we don't know what happens if the calls are transferred to a non-ACD lines, does the system blow up? Or it's more or less like a mosquito bite? Or the behaviour is quite unpredictable?

About sending the calls "back", well, yes, it's just sending the call to a DN, triggering an application (not necessarily the same application that had delivered the call the first time).

G.

Thanks for finding that.

We are experiencing unpredictable behavior with non-UCCX extensions on our phones. When these lines are used, sometimes the agent stays in a ready state and sometimes they are switched to not ready. It would be nice if it was predictable.

So, it sounds like we shouldn't be doing this at all - is this correct?

Hi,

yes, I believe so. If this is what Cisco tells you you probably should not do that :-)

Would you mind explaining why exactly need to put the longer calls on hold? Do they need special treatment, like, for instance a back office worker? If so, did you try parking the call?

G.

Actually I did run across using Directed Call Park and am planning to take that route since it appears to be an acceptable method for dealing with this situation in UCCX.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: