Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware validation fails for UCCX 8

mlundbom1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Attempting to install UCCX 8 on a MCS-7835-I3-CCX1 (purchased from Cisco, not on an equivalent...), but hardware validation fails.

hssi_errors/hssi_api_validation_err reports "No Idea about this hardware in HSSI mode" and hssi_errors/supported_error_message reports "Mismatch Manufacturer: expected VMware found IBM".

Anyone seen this or similar issue?

9 Replies 9

anubhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Can you confirm if the box has at least 146 Gb hard disk and 2 Gb of RAM, also  have you performed a media check to confirm if the disk is ok ?

Regards

Anuj

Hi Anuj,

Thanks for your reply. Had to crosscheck the disks onsite, but yes, it is 146GB.

hw_info reports Total_enabled_Memory_Mb = 4096.

I have not seen the question abt verifying the media? I'm familiar with the question and procedure, but it didn't pop up.... (just crosschecked in a VM, where it installs fine btw).

Do you have any idea why this is occuring?

/M

Pablo Leiva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

It seems to me that the system is incorrectly recognizing the install as VMWare.

Please check that the server hardware completely matches with the configuration described in Table1:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/data_sheet_c78-564635.html

If you confirm that, try reseating the memory modules and make sure the HDD are properly attached. If still doesn't work, maybe it could be a hardware problem. Do you have another server to test it? If not, you might want to open a TAC case which is the only way to get a case opened with IBM. IBM support might have other ways to run POST tests or check for other hardware problems.

HTH

Pablo

I am also having similar problems but during installing on a VMware vSphere 4 virtual machine. I have tried the 300 agent template available and I have also tried manually configuring the disks on SCSI 0.0 and SCSI 0.1 controllers each set to 146GB, 2 vCPUs and 4GB or RAM.

I am wondering whether UCCX 8 is only supported on the Cisco UCS B-Series hardware? I am using SUN hardware which is running vSphere ESXi 4.1. I know Cisco only supports on ESXi 4.0 but all the other CUCS services are running fine in my test lab.

Any ideas please?

Hi Mayur,

For now UCCX is only tested on VMware ESXi4.0  which can be run only on  UCS B200 M1 /UCS C210 M1 servers

Regards

Anuj

Thanks Anuj for your prompt reply.

I had a suspicion this might be the case, so just to confirm am I right to say the installer script is doing a detection for (a) ESXi4.0 and (b) that the VM is hosted on a UCS B200 M1 /UCS C210 M1 servers?

Your thoughts on this would be helpful.

We have a Cisco UCS ucs-c250-m2 server which is still in the box so I was planning to do a dry run of installing ESXi 4.0 on another SUN server and see if might just to the trick.

Thanks,

MP

I had similar issues with sunfire x4171,so I installed it on vmware workstation and used a converter to put it on ESXi4.1,it looked like all was working fine until I started the integration with the CUCM8,the process finnished fine,and when it came to login in, it gave the "Log on failed - Invalid User ID or Password" I repeated the procedure 3/4 times and still got the same result...I would revert back to a snapshot and try to change 1 or 2 things,but still no success.

Has anyone done a successful integration? what am I missing here?

Brian

thomascollins
Level 3
Level 3

Are you sure this is the official 8.02 bootable media?  If it's an ISO you downloaded/burned, or an engineering release, it'll only install

on vmware, not on real Cisco servers.

Yes, i have the original Cisco disk (we are Cisco partners) and I have created a

ISO image which I am using to install the virtual machine.

Tried a couple of things just to let everyone know:

Installed ESXi 4.1 on a ucs-c250-m2 (rack mount server) and tried to install UCCX 8 (using the iso image) and it still fails.

Now going to try to find a ESXi 4.0 download in order to install it onto the ucs-c250-m2 server and try again.

Report back with my findings.

MP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: