Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Hello world for outbound

Hi,

I am totally new to UCCE.  I am setting up a sample outbound application on a existing UCCE platform..which will play "Hello world" prompt for the end user once connected.

I have created all outbound options like campaign, query rule, import rule. I have also created a call type. I am following  instructions in outbound option guide.

Next step is to create a ICM routing script and ICM admin script.

I see that Admin script is mapped to a skill group. But in my case I dont have any skill groups because requirement is to simply play the message and not route the call to any agent/skillgroup. Can someone please explain how this works ?

What is the "technical" difference between transfer to agent campaign and IVR Campaigns ?

I am following Transfer to IVR Campaign set up instructions which I thought  shouldn't have any agent /skill group settings .. but the admin script for IVR campaign is mapped to a skill group.

Also can you please post a sample script to just play the message. The example in outbound option guide has some nodes to route the call which I don't want to do.

Also where does the campaign to call type mapping take place ? or how exactly the campaign would know which ICM script needs to be invoked ?

Thank you very much !

• Contact Center
8 REPLIES

Transfer to IVR campaign also

Transfer to IVR campaign also needs skill group, if you are not going to queue any calls to agent then use some dummy skill group. because based on the mode of skill group only your campaign works, so you will have to have some skill group associated to campaign. 

Agent based campaign: it monitors particular group of agent for associated campaign, as soon as dialer finds agent available to take the call, it reserves that agent using MR pim. and  initiates customer call on behalf of agent (actually based campaign mode will decide how customer will be dialed)

IVR based campaign: it simply dials customer, based on IVR port availability and transfers them to IVR script, this may be again self service or queue to particular agent group, or just annoucement to customer for some offers.

when you configure campaign, in skill group selection tab, you defined dialed number.

this dialed number are actual dialed number on ICM, and associated call type will invoked scheduled script, now you can use this script based on business objective.

regards

chintan

Thanks very much for the

Thanks very much for the update. That makes things clear.

Hi,Chintan is correct on this

Hi,

Chintan is correct on this, although you want to set up an IVR only campaign, you need a "dummy" skill group in order to have the ability to control the campaign dynamically.

Let me explain. Outbound Option is watching a skill group - by doing periodical lookups in the system, checking the following values: the number of available agents, and two other values that are implied and available to all skill groups: OutboundControl and Outboundpercent. The first one controls the dialing mode applicable for that skill group and is by default set to "Inbound" or rather, "Inbound Only"; meaning that this skill group is being routed inbound calls only. The second figure, OutboundPercent is the percentual ratio between inbound and outbound calls, or, rather, the ratio of agents reserved for outbound calls - with the use of this, you can create "Blended" skill groups: agents get both inbound and outbound calls. For instance, if this is set to 60% and you have 10 agents in that skill group, the system knows the maximum number of agents reserved for that campaign is 6, and even though all ten people would be "available", six of them would get outbound calls only.

With the use of an Administrative Script, you can periodically and dynamically set the value of OutboundControl and OutboundPercent (the third observed value, the number of available agents cannot be changed for logical reasons). For example, you can have an Administrative Script run daily, every minute, and have your script setting the value of OutboundControl to "INBOUND" between 17:00 and 7:00 and to "PREVIEW_BLENDED" between 7:00 and 17:00, and also set the value of OutboundPercent to 20 between 10:00 and 11:00 when there is a higher number of inbound calls, and set it to 80 otherwise.

For historical reasons, the same parameters apply to IVR campagins. I do understand this might cause some frustration: no agents, so why is there a skill group? Well, you need to tell the system somehow to "switch" to outbound dialing mode, by using an object, which is, again quite against the logic: a skill group.

For both Agent and IVR campaigns, you need an administrative script (or more precisely, a way of telling ICM to switch to outbound mode) plus a routing script as well. The latter is just, well, a routing script. It's not that different. You set up a dialed number, map it to call type, map it to a script, and voila. This dialed number would be called when the conditions are met (there are available agents, OutboundControl and OutboundPercent set to Outboundish).

One more thing to consider: Translation Routing. I know this is something that often drives people mad but yes, it's still there and it must be set up correctly. This means for outbound IVR campaigns as well. The Routing Client in this case would be the Dialer component.

G.

EDIT: As promised, here's a set of screenshots. This is a simple scenario, basically contacting people and playing a message. ICM watches the sapivr_prod skill group and if "all conditions are met" (in this case, they are always met), it dials a predefined number, which is 78051. Again, it's the Dialer dialling into ICM, so there's a special Translation Route set up, with the Dialer being the routing client (usually, it's the CUCM).

Gergely,Thanks for the

Gergely,

Thanks for the detailed explaination and the screenshots. Those really helped.

Hi Gergely,We have the setup

Hi Gergely,

We have the setup of UCCE 10, UCM 10, CVP 10, it is production platform, we are trying to configure the outbound dailer.

Have added MR PG, Dialer installation,  Campaign manager. We have conifgured as SIP dialer. As per cisco SIP Dialer directly dialing to Voice Gateway. We are not able to get any sample configuration in Voice gateway for dialer.

Also document says we need to have Translation Route for IVR campaign, since we dont have configured Network Trunk Group for 100 and 200. We are not able to configured Translation Route, kindly help me with screen shot of Network Trunk gorup and CVP translation route configuration and explanation.

with Regards,

Manivannan

translation Routing in my

translation Routing in my word:

it is nothing but routing call from one peripheral to another peripheral and maintaining call context.

by using translation you can keep cisco ICM as still controller of call, call just has transferred to another peripheral(CUCM to CVP) but still ICM can control the call and can instruct peripheral for different treatment.

how the concept is implemented through configuration?:

generally when the translation route is executed, Router passes the temporary label XXXX (as per configuration) to current peripheral through PG.

and instruct destined PG where the destined peripheral is connected that it will be getting call on

DNIS XXXX (as per the configuration).

so once call will reach to Destined Peripheral and PG, Router should be able to correlate that this is the same call, and resumes routing script by successful Transaction Routing node path.

you will need few configuration in place to achieve this.

1. Network Trunk Group: this will be use to decide group of peripheral on which TR call can land.

in CVP deployment we don't have any physical truck, so that is why we create logical trunk group

to group CVP peripherals. truck group 100 is for new calls, and 200 is for TR routed calls.

2. service: Route configured for Service is used for Routing.

3. label and DNIS: label is what which will be passed, and DNIS on what the same call should come.

e.g you pass 7000 as a temp label to CUCM, and CUCM routes call to CVP.

CVP sees call coming on DNIS, 7000 and now 7000 is DNIS what ICM will get in the request.

configuration: i have attached few screenshot shot for the configuration i use and this configurations are in regards on Translation routing calls from CUCM to CVP:

now you should be able to configure TR route.

regards

Chintan

~please rate if helpful

Chintan, Thanks for the

Chintan,

Thanks for the clarification, it is very clear now, except the  number

is that a Co-relation ID

is that a ICM Dialed Number (mrpg dialed number mapped to icm script (outbound call routing script)

is that seperate number icm uses for translate route betwee peripheral

with Regards,

Manivannan

in my case,  21050 is label

in my case, 

21050 is label on CUCM Routing client(this label will be sent to CUCM)

and Dialed Number on CVP Routing Client (call will arrive on this DN)

this will be automatically gets created when you configure TR.

~please rate if helpful

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.