Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

HELP!!! All CVP VXML apps have stopped working.

I have had a number of applications loaded and running fine up until now. I am now working with a developer who has written 2 sets of new class files for 2 new elements. The 2 sets are a phased approach - Phase 1 is to test the elements with "hard coded" data. They worked just fine. Phase 2 is to test the elements accessing a Web Service and retrieve actual info from a database (vs. hard-coded in Phase 1).

When I put in the Phase 1 classes, the "hard-coded" data was retrieved and all of the applications continued to run fine. Now that I have installed the Phase 2 classes, my ICM script is failing at the "Run External Script" node and I am never reaching the VXML application - NONE of the applications are working now.

I have reloaded the Phase 1 class flies, updated the classes and recycled the VXML Server (which I've done for each of the phases above) to try and go back, but I get the same error. Then I tried removing all of the class flies and doing the same - same result.

I'm ataching 3 files/screenshots - from the Global Error Log, the Startup Log and from the Error Log of a specific application (Emerg_Set - however, all applications show the exact same error).

It appears to me that there is now a file missing? javax/mail/Authenticator?

Really appreciate any suggestions on how I might attempt to get the applications running again.

Thanks very much for your help!!!

W

• Contact Center
Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES
Green

javax.mail.Authenticator is available in a few JARs.

For my Axis-based custom Action Elements I use mailapi.jar which contains this class. Running jar tvf on mailapi.jar shows

1612 Tue Nov 17 11:55:34 GMT 2009 javax/mail/Authenticator.class

With Tomcat, JARs containing javax classes should be put in VXMLServer\common\endorsed but you can also put the jar in VXMLServer\common\lib.

Get the JAR, put it in place, and restart the VXML server to load the JAR.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff for your reply.  We discovered today that the problem was with a new jar file the developer loaded.  Once that was removed, all is working well again.

W

Green

The placement of JARS and class files can be very tricky indeed. I know when I had an app with customized Action Elements using JAXB for XML->Java I had to play around for a long time to figure out the right place for the JAR files and the class stubs generated by the binding compiler. These things are not trivial.

Glad you solved your issue.

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies