Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Help: Does UCCX support something like IVR rebound ?

Hi team,

I am Raymond, SE in Hong Kong. I am working on a very common call center requirement for a banking customer via Cisco UCCX. In the call center world, this function is called "IVR rebound".

After call comes in to the IVR of the banking system and being dispatched to the agent, the agent sometimes needs to "reroute" the calls back to the IVR to perform some functions such as "PIN input / verification". In such a way, customer call can be transferred back to the IVR, listen to a voice prompt and then input his PIN number via IVR system. After doing that, the call will be "rebound" back to the ORIGINAL agent to continue the service.

I am wondering if UCCX can have such a capability to conduct such a standard call center feature. If yes, can you tell me how? If the answer is NO and it requires some special CTI programming. Will UCCX8 help as UCCX8 can support limited CTI programming / communication.

Please help.

Many thanks.

Cheers,

--

Raymond

2 REPLIES

Re: Help: Does UCCX support something like IVR rebound ?

Can we conference the Agent with a new aef script, whereby the customer information is passed again to the new aef script. The new aef script only do PIN verification, the result written in a tempDB, and then hang up. The Agent will then query the tempDB via desktop to get the result.

Leo

Re: Help: Does UCCX support something like IVR rebound ?

i do agree with Leo. You need to make a conference call with the customer because once the agent transfers the call to some other script Agent will be out from the call and become ready to attend new call and UCCX will route the next call so .

Views
Helpful
Replies