Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Help with Script

We are working on a CRS script with IPCC Express to handle the case when a caller requests to

speak to a Customer Rep. When this happens, we put the call in a queue until

an agent takes the call, but while the call is queued we want to play a

prompt. This prompt can be either in English or Spanish depending on the

language selected by the caller. We cannot use the call hold step, since the

prompt should be different depending on the language.

The problem is that our client wants the call to be redirected to an

extension, if the call is in the queue for 45 seconds. This means that we

need to interrupt the prompt after 45 seconds. Is there any way to accomplish

this?

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Help with Script

Assuming the prompt is less than 45 seconds, and you going to repeat it until the 45 seconds have elapsed, or are you going to play other prompts/music etc?

You could time the prompt(s) and arrange to play them a number of times until the 45 seconds have elapsed, and then redirect the call to an extension. If an agent becomes available before 45 seconds, then the 'Queued' branch will be interrupted anyway.

Please rate useful posts.

Yes, let's say the prompt lasts almost 3 minutes. But the client wants that when the contact waits for 45 seconds in the queue then the call should be sent to another extension. This 45 seconds may vary to 30 seconds or to any other time. The problem is I cannot interrupt the prompt from the script right? Is there any step like a delay with prompt or something to accomplish this?

Silver

I think the only way the prompt will be interrupted is when an agent becomes available. I'm not aware of any mechanism to interrupt a 3-minute prompt 45 seconds into its delivery by any other means. It depends what the prompt is, but could it be chopped into 15-second chunks? Then after three chunks you could redirect to the extension. Effectively, what you're saying is that callers will only hear 45 seconds of it anyway before they are diverted to an extension (which in some ways defeats the object of having a queue in the first place, but that's the client's decision :-)

Giving you more details the call will be redirected to a backup call center. That's the main reason why we need to do this. And the problem with the prompt is that it's a message and will be changed regularly for other announcements and we can't know for sure the lenght of each wav file. With all probability we will end up cuting the wav file when it's being played for 45 seconds or in chunks. I just wanted to confirm there's no other way to achieve this either with a step or any java app.

Thanks for your help :-)

Views
Helpful
Replies