Views
Helpful
Replies

Historical database and Webview

plotnikov_alex
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Does anybody know why can't i choose Webview reporting option when installing AW (is it because i must purchase webview?)

and some questions about historical database:

where in icmdba should i create HDS database and after that where can i view configuration (not using Webview cause don't have it) and on the whole where can i view latest configuration when i go to customer(HDS, vebview or the best way - is just to take screenshots from configuration manager and script editor)

Sorry for questions, i'm new in IPCC...

Alex

14 Replies 14

plotnikov_alex
Level 1
Level 1

I created HDS database, but how can i view it?...

By the way, what size HDS should be? I understand that it depends on how big configuration is but are there any criteria to choose size?

And for what reason should i (or should not) incluse partitioning option when configuring AW with HDS?

Alex

One more question, please

If i copy folder “icm”, MSSQL databases and export registry from one machine and then paste folder “icm”, MSSQL databases and import registry to another machine will it be absolutely the same configuration?...

Thanks advance,

Alex

Might be. But definitely not recommended. You could miss out something and also mess it up. It is easy to install ICM anywayz. I would just install ICM and create the database and synch up with the other server's database

To migrate ICM to different machine, you could:

(1) Export the 'ICM' registry key, and import into new machine.

(2) Re-run ICM setup, and select "upgrade all" to load ICM software. AW DB shall be created automatically.

(3) Use 'icmdba' to create HDS, and re-size AW DB.

(4) Use 'icmdba' to export configurations and import into new server.

(5) Re-run ICM setup again to make sure 'hostorical DB' option is checked.

(6) Use SQL backup HDS and restore to new machine.

These procedures worked when we replaced old HW. There could be problem, like views in awdb don't point HDS, this can be fixed by re-set Version table and re-run ICM setup.

Wei

Never used partioning ever.

HDS definitely depends on your customer, depends on how many calls, # of agents, # of skills,# of call types etc. So, I just set HDS in SQLServer to Autogrow 10%

Hope that helps. Please rate posts

You need to have 3rd party controls CD for installing webview stuff. Install that and then the webview option will be enabled

In HDS in the AW or whatever server you want to build HDS, open icmdba, under the customer name, right click distributor and Click Create and create the HDS database by specifiying the data and log files.

Hope that helps. Please rate posts

Thanks, and what 3rd party controls CD do you mean?

Should I buy it, if so where (from what vendor) ?

I noticed somewhere in guides that only IIS (internet information services) must be installed in order Webview to install (no one word about 3rd party control CD)

And one important question for me, please.

Is it any way, I can take configuration of ICM when I go to our customer, except of taking screenshots of all this mess through configuration manager?

Alex

3rd party tools CD is from Cisco. if you purchase webview, they should send that. That includes all the webview and sybase, and some webserver stuff that webview runs on.

IIS is definitely needed on the AW server serving webview pages

For config, You can try using the bulk edit tool, select the rows, then export to a .csv file. Then, open it in Excel. otherwise, SQL is the way to go.

Please rate posts

Thanks?

but still i don't understand is Webview - a separate product with its Part Number or is it part of ICM server?

And when I export configuration by means of Bulk Edit tool it Loses some information,

for example i tried export configuration of agents (from Agent Bulk (Edit)) and didn't see skillgroup membership information...

Is it one way to get complete information - to take screenshots?...

Alex

Webview is part of the IPCC Enterprise server license. When you buy that, You will get a CD - 3rd Party Tools. So, for the AW server, you will need to install that CD first. Bunch of sybase stuff and then webview reports and templates will get installed. Then, on top of that, use the ICM CD to install AW

There is no tie-up in bulk for agent and skillgroup. You will have to write a sql query to get both agent and skillgroup information from the tables. No other way other than screenshots, I guess.

Thanks a lot, today we'll get 3rd part tools from Cisco Moscow representative office.

But is it only way to install Webview - to uninstall my AW, install webview, and then install AW again?

cause i have AW working and do not want to uninstall it...

Alex

Yeah 3rd party tools need to be installed before the aw so sorry its best to start from scratch on that server.

No, in ICM 7, webview is seperate component from AW/HDS, so you don't have to uninstall AW before loading 3rd party and webview.

Wei

Thanks all, but I have ICM 5.0 ...

Alex