Views
Helpful
Replies

Historical Reports / Crystal Reports user access

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I am running IPCC 5.0.

We have an in-house expert on Crystal, and they would like to create some custom reports for historical reporting purposes.

I want to give them access to the MSDE database, but I do not want them to have admin rights to the IPCC server.

Can someone please give me a few bullet points on how to get this done?

thanks

4 Replies 4

mikram
Level 4
Level 4

Are you sure it is MSDE 2000 or SQL 2K installed. You do need admin access to database. We are using Crystal version 11.0 . Which version you are using?

I am running the local MSDE 2000

I would recommend ordering the UCCX SQL 2000 disc (you get this from Cisco, not MS) and replicating the data off-box. The Crystal resource can work with the data on the other server without any access to the UCCX server. This also has the benefit of whatever queries, views, etc he needs to create not being able to affect call processing.

Thank you very much for the info.

We have a large SQL deployment in house, so it may be possible to migrate this off box and use our corporate SQL infrastructure.

When doing this, does it effect anything other than reportings? Is this a difficult process?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: