Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Holiday Subflow issue

I am trying to use the subflow to call a Holiday script with a list of Holidays.  I used the example that Anthony was nice enough to share in https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2176576 but I am am having trouble getting it to work.  If I set the is_holiday to a boolean varible I alway get back a true on the parent script.  I have found that their maybe some issues with boolean and subflows so I changed it to a string, now I always get the value of "false" from the subflow.  I have setup an application and trigger for the sublfow and it appears be setting the values correctly. 

I have attached my scripts using the string variables.

Please advise,

Joe

3 REPLIES

Re: Holiday Subflow issue

Update,

I am still having issues with this, I have changed the Holiday scrpt to have a test string variable and I see that I do get that value back in the parent script, so I know I am getting into the subflow but it seems the value that is returned to the parent script is never adjusted in the subflow.  I have set a trigger on the holiday script and ran debug on it and it shows the values changing accordingly.  Once it finishs and goes to the "End" I get the normal prompt "Sorry", but the variables have changed back to the defaults.  Is this expected?

Update 2***

I have got this working by setting the value to the string in the subflow to "".  Now it is only changed to "true" when it hits a valid holiday.  My next question is if the subflow script is updated or changed I seem to have to refresh the parent script for the changes to occur, is this expected?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

There is no issue, that I have ever come across, with booleans in Subflows.  Also, your change to a String is exposes you to a failure when you try to compare "True" == "true".

The root issue is masked in your attached scripts, because it's the version with the String change, and not the original implementation.  If you still would like help with the original script, please upload it.

As far as refreshing scripts go, yes, that is expected.  That's not special to this Holiday subflow.  It's true for the Subflow feature in general.

Lastly, you don't need the Accept step in the Subflow, and by having it in there it prevents you from Active Debugging the script.  A fast an easy way to test your holiday logic.

Let's get this working properly for you.  It's a simple but powerful little utility.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony,

I have reverted back to the boolean version and now the script is working as expected.  I think one of my main issues what not realizing that I needed to update the parent script to reflect changes made in the subflow.

Thanks for your help

Views
Helpful
Replies