cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I create a holiday schedule on CCX

Justin Westover
Level 1
Level 1

How can I create a holiday schedule in my CCX script so calls go to voicemail on holidays instead of going into the queue?

24 Replies 24

Hi Sam,

I used your method for holiday check but problem is that it always checks for only one date which comes first. I does not go to check the next dates in holidays variable.. Any idea why its not checking the other dates mentioned in holidays variable.

Regards,

Mukesh

I ran this in debug mode and it works perfectly; I didn't upload the script to my IPIVR server and try it there; I just single-stepped through it in the UCCX editor.

Did you use Sam's script exactly as-is from the ZIP file or did you make any changes to it? The script is looking for the date in the form MM/DD/YY which worked perfectly in my case. If you change the year to YYYY, the script won't work (i.e. 12/27/16 will work where 12/27/2016 won't work). I don't know if the script or UCCX server automatically adjusts to locales that use DD/MM/YY. I'm in the US so I didn't test this.

It sounds like you might be missing the Goto NEXT_HOLIDAY statement in the false branch of IF(sTodaysDate == sHoliday) step since it's not checking past the first array element.

Can you post your script or screenshot of the check holiday portion so we can take a look at it?

Did you try single-stepping Sam's script in the UCCX editor window?

Bill

Silly question here, what is this step for

Set holidays_iterator = holidays.iterator

Isn't the value of the holidays_iterator already set to com.cisco.util.EmptyIterator.iterator?

Thanks,

Nelson

Hi Anthony,

I am using your method to pull holiday in my script but I am failing at below step,

is_holiday = Call Subflow(SCRIPT[holidays.aef], is_holiday) 

Could you please attach screenshot of this step?Thanks!

I am attaching my both scripts here if you wanted to see how it is configured.Thanks!

Thanks Andrew

Thanks for the Script and xml file.

I tried many samples here on the forum, this one worked like charm

Regards

shameer

Can someone help me with this script? According to the reactive debug I'm doing it seems that Get XML Data step doesn't work correctly. I see that after getting the data from the XML file it adds the TEXT in front of everything and also there's some data missing as a result, with the closedForHoliday variable to be always null. I'll upload a screenshot, along with the script and xml file I've made.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for the script.

Hi,

please do not resurrect old threads, open a new one and refer to this.

There's nothing wrong with TEXT[etc etc], it's just a human readable representation.

It looks like a problem with your XPath query. Try this:

//Holiday[DayMonth='"+todaysDate+"']/Target

G.

Thank you for your reply. You were right! just changed the path and now it's working. Thank you.

But you think it's better to open new threads for asking same things again and again whithout the guy who provided the correct answer never know it or just ping the guy with a reply and keep the whole information for the next friend who need help gathered in the same post at the same time?

How can I create a holiday schedule in my CCX script so calls go to voicemail on holidays instead of going into the queue? 

This was the original post. It's not related to your particular problem.

You attached everything (script, XML file, screenshot) so it can be dealed with separately.

G.

I needed to do the same thing with the OP. I've read the thread and the reply that was marked as the "Correct Answer". This specific answer was not working for me so I asked for further assistance on the same subject. The kind of specific issue I had is irrelevant. I was trying to be descriptive in order to get an appropriate answer. 

Now it's pointless to argue about this. The scope of the support forum pages is to ask for or give help. How about staying on this instead of patronising the way other users interact with the forum?

Have a nice day.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: