cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I Translation Route a call back into CVP?

clearbluelou
Level 1
Level 1

This is ICM 8.5, CVP 8.5 and Avaya CM 5.2.  I'm trying to configure the system to be able to Translation Route a call back into CVP that originally started in CVP.  I've read and read Cisco documentation that talk about various ways it can be done but I think I really need step-by-step instructions to figure out what I've done wrong.  I'm happy to explain it in gory details if anyone wants to help me troubleshoot.  However, I think it would be simpler if someone can point me to a document that outlines a successful configuration and I can find my own mistake.

5 Replies 5

Kris Lambrechts
Level 1
Level 1

You can use the CVP Configuration Guide for CVP as a Type 8 Network VRU. The Guide will explain how to translation route from a NIC to the CVP Peripheral, you just need te replace 'NIC' with your Avaya's Routing Client. It's documented step-by-step in the section 'High-level Configuration for Type 8, Unified CVP VRU-Only, Unified ICME and Unified ICMH' starting page 105 in the CVP 8.5(1) Configuration Guide.

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/ce50C

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Cheers,

Kris

Thanks Kris.  I had read over this, too, but it didn't help.

I finally did figure out my issue yesterday.  I had the DNs, Network VRU, Services, and TR all configured correctly.  I also had the Call Server right.  What I didn't realize is that ICM pauses script processing in the "Translation Route To VRU" node while the call moves from the ACD peripheral to the CVP.  Once the call arrives on CVP and ICM puts everything back together, you need a "Run Ext. Script" node to launch VXML.  Thus, you have to set all of your VXML parameters (microapp) before the "Translation Route To VRU" node.  Oh, and the DN coming back into CVP must match the DNIS in the Peripheral Target of the TR.  The DN doesn't need mapped to a Call Type but it does have to match the VRU Type.

clearbluelou or anyone else that's done a similar config, can you list out some more detail about how you configured this, I am trying to do essentially the same thing but cannot get it to work.

ICM is 7.2, CVP 7.02 setup as Type 10 in an H323 environment. Agents are sitting on a custom CTI Toolkit based desktop hanging off of CTIOS. Avaya and Edify are connected to ICM with PGs.

High level call flow:

-Call ingresses into an Avaya

-Transfers to Edify for IVR treatment

-Once Edify IVR done issues route request to ICM

-ICM returns translation route label with routing information

-Edify routes call to label on Avaya where an adjunct route step and call transfers to VDN/Vector/Skill

-Agent receives call on Avaya phone and Cisco based CTI Desktop receives call variable information (ICM TCD table reflects this leg of call with all call variable data present under the Avaya Peripheral ID.)

**Here's where I need assistance**

-Agent sitting on Avaya has need to transfer this call to an IVR application based in CVP while retaining call variable data.

-Not sure how to proceed from here.

Details on Avaya and Cisco side would be very helpful. While researching this I've heard lots of theories on how this should be configured the correct way and so far none have worked. Thanks in advance!

gtechfred01,

Your next step is to have the agent transfer the call to a VDN that uses another Adjunct Vector.  Put that VDN in ICM as a DN on the Avaya routing client and kick off a script.  In that script, put all the same Set nodes you normally use to evoke an Edify application and the put in a "Translation Route to VRU" node instead of a "Send to VRU" node.  The Service and TR in the TRtoVRU node will need to be configured on the Edify peripheral.  The TR's PeripheralTarget DNIS must match the DNIS Edify will receive and use in the RouteRequest.  The TR's Label will be the VDN that performs the transfer to Edify (a Converse-On, I presume).  Finally, put a "Run Ext. Script" node using a Type10 VXML script after the TRtoVRU node.

With CVP, I have to tell it that the DNIS is related to an existing call known to ICM so that it re-associates.  I have no idea how to do that with Edify, if it is even necessary.

gtechfred01
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks clearbluelou, some of this was very helpful, but I had to set my translation routes up differently. Kris Lambrecht's post was very helpful, but also introduced some confusion, which looking back was very simple...hindsight is always that way right?!?!

I am going to list out the configurations I used to make this work, most of which are what's listed in the Type

8 setup in Kris's post starting with Step 7 except its for a Type 10 Network VRU; you don't use Type 8 anywhere, but the configuration is very similar.

Assumption is that you already have an existing system and are routing calls to CVP already so a lot of the steps in the config guide are already done.

References below are to "Configuration and Administration Guide for Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal Release 8.5(1)" starting on page 109, step 7:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp8_5/configuration/guide/ConfigAdminGuide_8.5.pdf

Here's the details of my implementation:
ICM 7.2.7
CVP H323, Type 10
Avaya PBX connected with a PG also running CTIOS

Destination is the CVP Servers/CVP PGs (PG1), call transfer is originating from an Avaya PBX connected to ICM via a PG/CTIOS server (PG2).

1. Build a new Service under destination PG, CVP in this case, as outlined in Step 7 from the CVP Config Guide.

- Service
Peripheral Number: 2
Peripheral Name: Pre_Route
Name: CVP_PG1.Pre_Route

- Route
Name: CVP_PG1.Pre_Route

-Peripheral Target
Not required

Labels
Not Required

2. Build Network Trunk Groups, as outlined in Step 8 from the CVP Config Guide:

- Network Trunk Group
Name: CVP1_NTG

Peripheral: CVP_PG1
PeripheralNumber: 200
PeripheralName: CVP1_NTG
Name: CVP_PG1.CVP_NTG
Trunk Count: Use Trunk Data

3. Build Translation Routes using the TransRoute wizard, I built a pool of 10 DNIS 1000-1010; these are dummy DNIS; outlined in Step 9 from CVP Config Guide; here's what they should look like in

the TransRoute explorer when finished:

-Translation Route
Name: TR2CVP1
Type: DNIS

-Route
Name: CVP1.1 - CVP1.10
Service Name: CVP_PG1.Pre_Route

-Peripheral Target
DNIS's: 1000-1010
NTG: CVP1_NTG 

-Label
Routing Client: PBX_PG2
Labels: 1000-1010
Label Type: Normal
Customer: None

4. Configure Trans Route DNs 1000-1010:
- Have to be built on the Avaya pointed to a VOIP gateway with Session Target equal to the CVP Call Server (or GK).
- Add Translation Route DNISs in CVP Call Server Configuration under ICM Tab.   

!!!Make sure you "Save and Deploy"!!!---->If you don't calls will show up on the ICM as new calls on the Translation 

Route DNIS's under your CVP Peripheral.

5. Build Dialed Numbers in ICM:
-Extension 2000 is the dialed number Agents on the Avaya transfer to.
-VDN 2000 on Avaya PBX should be routed to an Adjunct Route step which will send a route request to PG2 and kick off a script in ICM.
-You have to build a dialed number in ICM Dialed Number Explorer under the PBX peripheral (PG2 in my example) PG2.2000, and point it to a CallType and subsequently a script, for example "Avaya2CVP".

6. Build your ICM Call Routing Script: (follow's ClearBlueLou's description)
- Route the call through typical CVP call setup initialization nodes

-Route to Trans Route to VRU node with "CVP_PG1.Pre_Route" as the service selected, and "TR2CVP1" Trans Routes 

selected.

-Then send to a microapp.

Your test call should have exited the success connection of the TrasRoute to VRU node and will continue routing with all call variable information will route (and show up in TCDs and RCDs) under Dialed Number PG2.2000.