cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you design a small call center like this?

JIANDE ZHANG
Level 1
Level 1

I want to build a 40 agents call center for my company. I think I need those devices that are:

1, 2X MCS 7816 for CUCM, CUCM 8.6;

2, 1X MCS 7816 for UCCX, UCCX 8.6;

3, 40X 7945 IP PHONE(or 40 PCs with CIPC);

4, 40 headsets;

5, Cisco router 2921, PVDM3-64, VWIC2-1MFT-E1.

I am not sure of my design.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

This is fine but you are saying 40 Agents , does it mean that 40 concurrent agents or 40 seats.

As for UCCX licenseing , the license is based on concurrent logged in agents not configured agents, however for the CUCM it is per physical IP Phone license.

Amer

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Hello,

This is fine but you are saying 40 Agents , does it mean that 40 concurrent agents or 40 seats.

As for UCCX licenseing , the license is based on concurrent logged in agents not configured agents, however for the CUCM it is per physical IP Phone license.

Amer

Thank you, Amer

UCCX has 5 seats. So, I need to buy more UCCX license as you said.

Hello,

Just be careful with these points :

5 seats call manager bundle doesn't come for free, you have to order it for 3000 USD

the 5 seats are enhanced license.

Amer

I see. Thank you very much. 

Biggles991
Level 1
Level 1

Just go buy a Samsung OS7200 IP PABX, they come with 100 IP phone extensions no licences required.

Thanks for your answer. But we are not familiar with Samsung.  All our devices are Cisco. Anyway thanks.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For such s small call center you can use CME instead. It come with many many good features and does not need any server, UCCX, etc. All my customer that use it, are very happy and have saved a lot of money.

Can we use CME as uccx?

Yes, BACD can achieve a call center functionality within CUCME.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

But is there anyway you can pull some report from CME+BACD?

Lou

Hello,

BACD is a small function, it is not good to be used instead of UCCX , you can use the CME with UCCX so in this case there is no need to buy a CUCM server, all what you need is the UCCX server.

Amer

Lou,

CME with BACD can not replace the full fledge functionality offered by UCCX. Hence it has it's limitations, reporting being one of them. I dont think you can have reporting with CME+BACD.

Further, if you were to go with CME + UCCX combination, please note UCCX 9.0 onwards CME support is discontinued i.e. UCCX will only be supported with CUCM.

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Thanks GP. I did CME+BACD before in case UCCX failed. Wonder if reporting is available or not. :-)

It's good to know you must have CUCM to work with UCCX 9.0 above.

Lou

Hi Lou,

If you are referencing to Real Time Reporting and Historical Reportign from UCCX perspective, "Yes" it is availbale with both the type of UCCX integrations with CUCM or CUCME.

Adding to GP's note, in case if you go with UCCX\CUCME deployment, there wont ab any upgrade paths available to come to UCCX 9.0 with CUCM, you need to bring the UCCX 9.0 system manually.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: