Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

How does licensing work for UCCX?

I have a UCCX server, 7835H05 that has about 8 agents on it today.

I will be moving this to a new location and will have about 100.

In order to make sure I have this set up correctly I am clueless on the licensing feature for the UCCX. Is this tied to the CUCM cluster or is this something separate that needs to be purchased and then a pak file uploaded?

Thanks,

Rick

6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: How does licensing work for UCCX?

Found the info.

You purchase license based on number of seats and this info is found System > Control Center and link is there for License Information

Hi,

Are you moving the server to new location as well?, IPCC licenses are generated against MAC address.

First you should check how many Agent licenses you have, Go to AppAdmin - > system -> License Information.

UCCX seats are the number of Agents / Supervisors that can login at the same time. From here you can decide if you need to purchase new licenses.

UCCX licenses are not tied with CUCM It has to be purchased saperately and uploaded on CCX server.

However you need to have CUCM DLU for new phones that you will add to support new agents phones. DLU license utilization vary with model of IP Phone you use. you can also check DLU consumption from CUCM.

HTH,

Regards,

Iftikhar Ahmed

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Actually UCCX licenses are not MAC dependent so you can move the server freely.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for Correction.

Regards,

Iftikhar Ahmed

Hi Chris,

I am going to upgrade out IPCCX 405 to CUCCX 502. We have received two PAK as below:

CCX-UPG-P-40-50=

CCX-50-W2K-PHAS-U

The second one has seats license attached. Do we need both licenses for CUCCX 502 to run?

My understanding about the upgrade is that it is a complete new install. Why we need the first one?

Thanks,

Wenqian Yu

Hello,

This info is not clariefied to me.

I would like to have a tottaly cold version of redundancy/backup. I want to buy two servers and use the same node license and agents license so i can have a server always offline (im responsible of the synch between servers).

Can i have two servers, two installations of UCCX 7, and use the same node and agents license?

Thanks,

met

Views
Helpful
Replies