Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to accept alphabets with IP IVR script

Hi All,

I was wondering if it is possible to accept alphabet inputs via IP IVR script on Version 8.0.

If it is possible, pleaes help me with steps on how can this be achieved.

My basic requirement is that

- Caller calls IVR

- Enters first name of the person to whom caller wants to speak, this will be done via touch pad on the phone

- Call gets connected to the person

This is possible in Alcatel systems, but i am not sure about Cisco systems.

Any help would be great.                  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have you read the help document on the step (Open the properties of the step, then click help)?  It says:

"The Name to User step is only available for the Cisco UnifiedIP IVR or Cisco  Unified CCX Premium license options"

However, I can confirm first hand that this is not true.  I am running enhanced licensing and it is working just fine.

This step is pretty straight forward.  You only need to create a new User variable in your script, and then reference it in the step on the General tab for Result User.  That's it.  It comes with all the prompting and everything else.

The real trick now is getting the phone number for the user, so that you can redirect the call to them.  This relies on CUCM End Users having a Primary Extension defined.

You do that with the Get User Info step, and asign the Extension field to a new String variable.

Once you have executed these two steps, you can now use the Call Redirect step, referencing the String variable holding the extension as the destination.

That's it.  Maybe put in a few error handling steps and some friendly messages, and you're good to go.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

10 REPLIES

Hi All,

Could anyone help me with how to use "Name to User".  Could this be solution for my problem ?

Have you read the help document on the step (Open the properties of the step, then click help)?  It says:

"The Name to User step is only available for the Cisco UnifiedIP IVR or Cisco  Unified CCX Premium license options"

However, I can confirm first hand that this is not true.  I am running enhanced licensing and it is working just fine.

This step is pretty straight forward.  You only need to create a new User variable in your script, and then reference it in the step on the General tab for Result User.  That's it.  It comes with all the prompting and everything else.

The real trick now is getting the phone number for the user, so that you can redirect the call to them.  This relies on CUCM End Users having a Primary Extension defined.

You do that with the Get User Info step, and asign the Extension field to a new String variable.

Once you have executed these two steps, you can now use the Call Redirect step, referencing the String variable holding the extension as the destination.

That's it.  Maybe put in a few error handling steps and some friendly messages, and you're good to go.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony,

Five points for above :-)  Extremely helpful and worked perfectly.

Could you please help me with one more point:

currently my default language is en-US, so all the default prompts in above are playing in English. 

I want to change it to Polish.  I tried changing language under Application trigger to pl_PL from en_US.  But it didnot work properly.  Do i have to create grammar for Polish language , or is there anything else that would solve my problem.

If grammar is required, could you please help me with how to set up for this.

Thanks again.

Re: how to accept alphabets with IP IVR script

The compatibility guide lists all of the languages for which there are system prompts:

IVR Prompts

Arabic, Cantonese (Hong Kong), Chiese (Mandarin), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (AU, CA, GB, US), Finnsh, French (CA, FR), German, Hebrew (IL), Hunarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mandarin (Taiwan), Norwgian, Polish, Portuguese (BR), Russian, Spanish (CO, ES, MX, US), Swedish, Thai, Turkish

Source:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

I see that Polish support is there; however, what I don't see is the country specific support for it, as we see for example Spanish supports: Columbia.

With that said, I tried to just enter into the Trigger: pl instead of pl_PL and it still played English for me.

I'm trying to get my hands on a folder listing of the Prompts/system/ folder to see what the language folder is called.

EDIT:

I found the Prompts folder on the ISO image of UCCX 9.0, and the polish language folder is certainly: pl_PL.

Prompts\system\G711_ULAW\pl_PL\User Dialog\name_dial.wav

Not too mention the file does play in Polish as near as I can tell.  I have attached it here.  This looks like a defect.  You will need to open a TAC case, which you should be able to do right from this post.  Just look in the upper right corner for a link/button to open a support case.

Post back the resolution for everyone else my friend.  Thanks for bringing this up.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Thanks Anthony for looking into this matter.

Does above mean if i change language of Application trigger to pl_PL from en_US; default prompts will be played in Polish ?

I tried this but it did not work for me. When there are more than one entry found, it plays two words in Polish (one and two). I am using 8.0 version.

Thanks.

Hi Anthony,

I understood.  I just tested with Chinese language by selecting it under trigger and it worked.

So we are facing issue particularly for Polish and i will raise TAC for same.

I will keep this discussion updated with updates from TAC.

Thanks again for your assistance.

TAC Case number: 627925827

Fantastic troubleshooting step.  Yes, I believe it to be a problem with the Polish language specifically.  The reason it is failing may even be affecting other languages as well.  Thanks for opening the support case.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony,

Please find below update from TAC:

Problem description:

===============

UCCX 8.0(2) SU3

Configured UCCX to use Poland language for “Name to User” Step. However, we hear English prompt. It also worked with other languages.

Actions done:

==========

Found that in system folders, the folder “UserDialog” is saved as “User Dialog” for pl_PL language and written correctly for other languages. I tried to rename the folder but got the same result. As a permanent fix, we applied the following:

1- Downloaded wav files under pl_PL from the uccx

2- Created pl_PL folder in the prompt management

3- Under pl_PL, created folder UserDialog and uploaded all the prompts taken from uccx.

4- In the administration webpage, system-->system parameters--> enable “User prompts override System Prompts”

Could you please let me know how do i download these system prompts.     

They can be found on the UCCX ISO image.  You will need to do a bit of digging and unpacking but here is the path:

\Cisco\contactcenterexpress\RPMS\UCCX07_Prompts-8.0.1-1.i386.rpm\UCCX07_Prompts-8.0.1-1.i386.cpio\.\common\cisco\uccx\Prompts\system\G711_ULAW\g711.tgz\g711.tar\pl_PL\User Dialog

I have also attached them here for archival purposes.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content