Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to achieve following scenario, Ugent!

Problem Details: Environment:

CCM 4.2, IPCX 4.0 Premium, Unity 4.0

Agent are deployed using IPPA

Scenario:

1. Caller make call to an IVR script, and distribute to a skill group

in IPCC Express via IVR menu selection.

2. After the first agent ring for 15s, the system can redirect the

caller to a IVR prompt for menu selection: 1. Countinue routing to

another agent; 2. Leave a message for this skill group;

3. When the caller choose 1, the system can dispatch caller to the

second agent using "Longest Available" arithmetic. Then repeat the

Step

two menu again.

4. When the caller choose 2, the caller can leave a message to a common

voice mail box for this skill group team.

5. If the caller choose nothing, allow caller to keep on ringing and

wait for that phone. Prompt should be repeat again after ringing for 15

sec.

6. If all the members in the skill group ring no answer for a cycle,

the system can prompt user to leave a message for the team to the

common voice mail box for the skill group.

• Contact Center
5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: How to achieve following scenario, Ugent!

You probably don't require the caller to opt to "continue routing to another agent" as the Queued branch of a Select Resource step will handle this automatically and distribute calls according to the routing preference for that CSQ (e.g. most skilled, longest available, etc). In the Queued branch you can add steps to offer an option to route the call to Voicemail instead of remaining in the queued set (Dequeue the call and add a Call Redirect step to the voicemail number).

The length of time callers remain in queue and the messages and options they experience will then be depeendent whatever is configured under the Queued branch of the Select Resource step. You can make it as simple or as complex as the business logic requires.

Hope this helps. Please rate useful posts.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your update.

The situation here is that customer already known the automatic distribute calls between "Ready Agent", but they indeed require to give the caller a opt to select even there are "Ready Agent" in a skill group when agent RNA.

Let me make an example for you.

Agent in Skill Group A: A1, A2, A3

When A1, A2 and A3 all "Ready", then caller firstly distribute to A1 (by longest available), when A1 ring no answer, at this time A2 and A3 are in "Ready" status, but customer do want to give caller a opt to select a menu indead of automatic distribute to A2 or A3.

It's indeed a very strange idea, but we must met this requirement.

Hi,

I have idea but not sure whether workable or not.

Using "Select Resource" step, "Routing Target Type" set to "Resource" not "CSQ". Then when agent ring no answer, caller will be put into "Queued" branch, then I can make some menu to caller. But I'm not sure when caller select "continue routing", how to route call to another agent?

Hi,

The "Select Resource" step contain a option of "Connect" (Yes/No). I'm not sure whether it's helpful for my issues when I set this option to "No"???

Silver

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to achieve. In IPCCX you can route to a specific Agent (is this what's required?), but you can't queue to a specific agent (there is no Queued branch when you elect to Queue to a Resource instead of a CSQ). However, you could probably have a series of nested Select Resource steps to try and connect to specific agents).

Setting Connect=No allows you to take further actions before connecting to the agent (e.g. populating Enterprise Data), but if you want to connect directly to an agent when the resource has been selected, leave this set to Yes.

Views
Helpful
Replies