Views
Helpful
Replies

How to calculate how many calls are there in Queue

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All,

I have a requirement of calculating how many calls are there in queue at a particular moment, as the client wants to drop all the calls if there are 5 calls waiting in the queue.

I am using ICM 8.0

Any help would be great.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

calltype.xyz.routercallsqnow

david

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Piyush,

If you are using Cisco's IPIVR for the call treatment when the calls are queued, than you can always check the IVR Real Time reporting ->Report->Contact Summary Report and check the Active parameter there, it will provide you the number of calls queued at current moment. In case of multiple IVR's you need to check the same report in each one of the IVR's. So the addition of all these will provide the total calls queued.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

In this scenario is where your use of call types is very important.  You must have a call type node right before your queue to skill group node.  That way you can get an accurate count of calls in queue by looking at the calltype.callsqnow property.  Then just use an if node inside your queue loop and if the queue > 5 release calls. 

By the way this is pretty bad customer service.  I would recommend that you play a message for any call about 5 that tells them you're over capacity right now and to call back at a later time, then drop the call.

david

Thanks Anand and David for your replies.

@ David, i am diverting the 6th caller to a message and allowing caller to leave VM before releasing the call.  So that part is covered for customer service.

Again thank for the response, hopefully this will resolve my problem :-)

Hi David,

I am trying to crete a IF condition with CallType.callsqnow property, however callsqnow is not coming up in the list for calltype properties.

But under Skillgroup's property list, there is a pooperty "callsqueuednow".  I am trying with this property, let's see if it works.

However could you please advice why i am not seeing callsqnow property under call type?

What i am doing is

under if formula, select "call type" -> select name of the call type -> list of properties

I am using ICM version 8.0.3.0

calltype.xyz.routercallsqnow

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: