cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

How to configure a Translation Routing from Parent to Child UCCE Environment

Hi Folks,

I'm a little bit confuse in how to configure a TR at Parent environment. In my lab I have a parent 8.0 integrated to a child 9.0 using a Enterprise Gateway. The Enterprise Gateway are ACTIVE and connected to the CTI Server in child environment.

The main issue is to configure a Translation Routing because I don't know if I need a Service, and If I need a service what steps I need to configure in the service explorer and what steps I need to configure in the Translation Route Explorer.

Could anyone help me with this issue?

The call are hitting the child but after hit the child the call drop.

Thank you in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi Zapparoli,I have created

Hi Zapparoli,

I have created parent initiated call flow in my lab setup. And i have attached some screenshots of the configuration (see the attached document). 

Parent initiated Callflow :

1) The call comes from the PSTN -> Ingress GW -> Parent CVP -> Parent Router

2) Once it reaches parent router based on the configuration the temporary label will be returned to parent CVP and the permanent label goes to acmi pg

3) From Parent CVP it will goes to Child CUCM

4) And in child side create this label as Dial number and enable PAR (Permit Application Routing)

5) Now the Permanent label will reaches child PG

6) And this is also created as dial number in child system and script will be assigned to this dial number. And call lands on appropriate agent.

Hope this helps,

Sasikumar.

Cisco Employee

Hi Zapparoli,do you want to

Hi Zapparoli,

do you want to use the IPIVR at child side as the intial routing client ? in that case you can't do that if you want to do the child initiated parent routed call ,at child your system pg should be the initial routing client. please see the below document once.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12068196/cisco-ucce-parent-child-deployment-model

in SRND also you can get more details on this deployment.

Thanks,

Sasikumar.

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Zapparoli,what kind of

Hi Zapparoli,

what kind of callflow you want to perform ?

1) Parent intiated

2) Child initiated parent routed

3) child initiated child routed

in above three only the 1st scenario requires translation route configuration at parent side.

Thanks,

Sasikumar.

Community Member

Hi Sasikumar, how are you? I

Hi Sasikumar, how are you?

I believe I would like to perform the first cenario (Parent intiated).

Whats the steps that I need to do to properly function of Translation Route?

Cisco Employee

Hi Zapparoli,I have created

Hi Zapparoli,

I have created parent initiated call flow in my lab setup. And i have attached some screenshots of the configuration (see the attached document). 

Parent initiated Callflow :

1) The call comes from the PSTN -> Ingress GW -> Parent CVP -> Parent Router

2) Once it reaches parent router based on the configuration the temporary label will be returned to parent CVP and the permanent label goes to acmi pg

3) From Parent CVP it will goes to Child CUCM

4) And in child side create this label as Dial number and enable PAR (Permit Application Routing)

5) Now the Permanent label will reaches child PG

6) And this is also created as dial number in child system and script will be assigned to this dial number. And call lands on appropriate agent.

Hope this helps,

Sasikumar.

Community Member

Hi Sasikumar, This help me a

Hi Sasikumar,

This help me a lot. Do you know if there are a document like you using IPIVR instead of CVP?

Or a environment with IPIVR is not a valid deployment when we use a parent child environment?

Cisco Employee

Hi Zapparoli,i don't think we

Hi Zapparoli,

i don't think we can use IPIVR at parent side to do parent initiated callflow since it has to depend on CUCM for doing operations.

Thanks,

Sasikumar.

Community Member

Sasikumar, As 2) Child

Sasikumar,

As 2) Child initiated parent routed is it possible?

Cisco Employee

Hi Zapparoli,do you want to

Hi Zapparoli,

do you want to use the IPIVR at child side as the intial routing client ? in that case you can't do that if you want to do the child initiated parent routed call ,at child your system pg should be the initial routing client. please see the below document once.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12068196/cisco-ucce-parent-child-deployment-model

in SRND also you can get more details on this deployment.

Thanks,

Sasikumar.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content