cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure UCCX 8.5 to work with Agent Email?

Zapparoli
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My name is Eric and I'm configuring a environment with a Contact Center Express 8.5 and CM 8.5.

I'm using the premium license, so I read at documentation that it's possible to implement the agent email workflow but I didn't find any documentation about how to configure the environment to works with email.

After a lot of research I configure the environment to works with email but when I open the CAD, the agent email tab be at "connection" process and I can't change the email agent status, they becomes inactive (at grey color).

Can you help me with this configuration, because I don't know if I forgot some steps at it.

I will attach some prints about my environment.

9 Replies 9

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Eric,

Please see if the below discussion helps you.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2083729

Thanks,

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Abhiram Kramadhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

I understand that you are trying to confiure the Agent email, and you find that the Email ready/not ready are greyed out.

You can confirm this, "if you click on Agent email tab(nect to Integrated Browser), you will see that it is still loading"

You can perform the following:

• Ensure the agent is part of a Email CSQ and the agent has a skill level more that that specified under the CSQ.

The following config should be present in CDA:

IMAP Server

SMTP Server

• Ensure that you are able to open a telnet session to the IP address(of Mail server) provided in the CDA on the ports 25 and 143.
  • Make sure that the email address setup for the CSQ is configured correctly on the Mail server:

E-Mail addresses that map to this CSQ

Delete  Add Another

• Reset the connection by removing the config on CDA and adding again.

You can also use a simple Email client like the Mozilla Thunderbird to test the connection to the email server and see if you are able to recieve the emails.

Do let me knwo if you need any clarification.

Hi,

Yes, you are right. But I did all the configuration following the Cisco Destkop Administrator Guide but I still got the issue. The Agent E-mail tab still loading.

I attached some prints about it.

Can you help me?

Below the environment information:

UCCX version:  8.5.1.11002-22

Java version: 6 Update 30

Be sure, the system account for email, configured in Cisco Desktop Administrator (described by Abhiram Kramadhati) is not hided from address book on Exchange server.

Abhiram Kramadhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

Like I mentioned, Could you install Mozilla Thunderbird on the agent PC and then try to connect to the same email server. You can download the client for free.

Also, could you paste screenshots of the CDA? Did you also try and erase the config and add again?

Regards,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Zapparoli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I saw that problem was because I wasn't using Exchange. I think UCCX Email functionality is available only for Exchange.

Thank you very much.

Hi Eric,

Yes, its available only with Exchange. I gave the link to the other thread assuming that you have already integrated with exchange .

Anyways, lesson learnt. We should have asked the entire topology before getting into troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Anand

Abhiram Kramadhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

We have seen a number of cases where a third-party email server is used. Well, glad that the issue is resolved here. However, the packet capture should give us why/where your current email server stops responding.

Regards,

Abhiram Kramadhati