Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure Whisper functionallity with CVP and ICM

Zapparoli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

My name is Eric and I would like some help with Whisper configuration. I have a environment like below:

- CVP 8.5

- ICM 8.5

- Gateway

- CM 8.5

I would like to configure Whisper functionality but I think I'm forgot some steps, because I read the guide ā€œAgent Greeting and Whisper Announcement Feature Guide for Cisco Unified Contact Centerā€ and I followed all the steps at it but with no success.

I will explain my configuration about whisper.

At ICM I did a script as below:

whisper.JPG

I saw at guide that I need at to configure the Dial plan at CVP to work with Whisper, so I configured the SIP Tab Local Static Routes as below:

local static routes.JPG

The DN 9191919100 is used by default to Whisper and 91919191 is used to ringtone. At gateway I configure a Dial-peer to 91919191 to use ringtone.tcl, but I dont know what service I need to use for 9191919100. Can anyone help me?

When I call, the calls goes to agent, but I didn't hear the Whisper. Another thing is that I saw at Router Log View said: " Call.WhisperAnnouncement variable set without enabling target re-query or targeted agent is not CUCM agent, Whisper Announcement will be disabled."

Any suggestion?

22 Replies 22

OK. Good to know it works in a lab environment with the older IOS.

Curious, though. What is the "hardware limitation" that's stopping you? Size of the compact flash?

Regards,

Geoff

After checking the Document , any IOS required for the 28XX like :
15.0(1)M or later M releases

15.1(1)T1 or later T releases

15.1(3)T or later T releases 

Will require At LEAST 512 RAM

and i have the following :

Cisco 2811 (revision 53.51) with 251904K/10240K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID FHK1110F29Q

2 FastEthernet interfaces

DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity enabled.

239K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

62720K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

In a lab environment, I'd have no problem with not obeying the "at least 512MB" statement. I have no issues in my lab, and would MUCH rather have the IOS that CVP is supported with. I have 2800 Software (C2800NM-IPVOICE_IVS-M), Version 15.1(4)M4, RELEASE SOFTWARE on hardware very similar to yours.

Cisco 2811 (revision 2.0) with 249856K/12288K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID FTX0902D4SB

2 FastEthernet interfaces

11 Serial interfaces

1 Channelized T1/PRI port

DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity enabled.

239K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

62592K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geof for this tip ..

i updated the VGW and it is working great now ...
this actually solved another problem which was a nightmare ...

Thanks again ..

i updated the VGW and it is working great now ...

this actually solved another problem which was a nightmare ...

Thanks again ..

That's good it solved another problem that you were having trouble chasing down. Those can be tricky - can you tell us what the problem was? I'm sure readers would be interested.

I am not sure why there is this 512MB RAM requirement, but in production I would obey it. For a lab, it's not shown to be a problem here.

Regards,

Geoff

The problem was the ability to pass thru customized SIP Headers in the INVITE message ...

this ios version supports this feature which is GREAT .. with such command : voice class sip-hdr-passthrulist

i noticed what you are saying about the Minimum RAM ... and in production i would have to obey it also .. just to be in the safe side ...

Thanks,

Ahmed Salah

OK, that's a terrific piece of info. I haven't tried passing customized SIP headers - that's on my list to investigate. Thanks for the IOS command.

Regards,

Geoff

It is very powerful feature ... it enabled me of integrating with other vendors like Avaya and Genesys ...

just try it and post to me if you have any problem  , i will be more than glad to help

Thanks,

Ahmed Salah