Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to copy and install UCCX8.5(1) iso images and ova template on VMware ESXi 4.1 server?

How to copy and install UCCX8.5(1) iso images and ova template on VMware ESXi 4.1 server?

UCS Layout.png

Above is the screenshot of the client UCS Layout.

I need to install followings:

• 8.5(1) UCSInstall_UCCX_8_5_1_UCOS_8.5.1.10000-37.sgn.iso Bootable base 8.5.1 installation image
  • 8.5(1)SU3 UCSInstall_UCCX_8_5_1_UCOS_8.5.1.11003-32.sgn.iso Non-bootable - Used for upgrading from latest SU on 8.0(2)or 8.5(1)
  • OVI Templates

As i never installed on actual servers, Could you tell me the step by step instructions How to do the copy and install.

Important!! at this stage i only need to copy and install but do not need to generate the License as i will do after CUCM guys finish their work. I just want to start my work by copying on UCCX PUB and UCCX Sub. How i will copy above things on these two Blades ( Blade 1 for UCCX Pub and Blade 3 UCCX Sub).

Thanks

8 REPLIES

How to copy and install UCCX8.5(1) iso images and ova template o

Hi Hafiz,

Please copy\upload the .iso file to your ESXi datastore, so that you can use the same for installation.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Implementing_Virtualization_Deployments

Hope it helps.

Anand

pls rate helpful posts !!

Thanks

I need an OVA templates for the above two iso images for ESX 4.1. Could you please provide corresponding OVA?? or even Could you please confirm that which one is the right. from these two??

1. http://www.cisco.com/web/software/283733053/51246/UCCX_8.5.1_VMV7_v2.1.ova.README.txt
  2. http://www.cisco.com/web/software/283733053/64471/UCCX_8.x_VM8_v2.2.Readme.txt

Hi Hafiz,

Use the first one,

To download this OVA template refer the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=270569179&flowid=5217&softwareid=283733053&release=2.1&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=latest

Read me file:

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/283733053/51246/UCCX_8.5.1_VMV7_v2.1.ova.README.txt

2.0 Scope

The UCCX template is an OVA (open virtual archive) file that can be
imported/deployed using the OVF (open virtualization format) support
of VMware.  The OVA file defines the following for the virtual machine
based on the deployment selected:

- Number of virtual CPUs (minimum of Nehalem class CPU)
     - Amount of RAM 
     - Number and size of hard disks 
     - ESXi support: ESXi 4.0 (VM version 7) and beyond
     - OS support: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (32-bit)

Hope this helps,

Anand

please rate helpful posts !!

Really appreciate your support

1. 8.5(1) UCSInstall_UCCX_8_5_1_UCOS_8.5.1.10000-37.sgn.iso Bootable base 8.5.1 installation image (Bootable base 8.5.1 installation image)

2.   8.5(1)SU3 UCSInstall_UCCX_8_5_1_UCOS_8.5.1.11003-32.sgn.iso Non-bootable - Used for upgrading from latest         SU on 8.0(2)or 8.5(1) (Non-bootable - Used for upgrading from latest SU on 8.0(2)or 8.5(1))

Can i make  (2)second one bootable and can build straight to version 8.5.1SU3 if preferred?? and do not use the 1 - Bootable base 8.5.1 installation image

?? If yes then how i can make 2 non-bootable into Bootable one??? Thanks

Hi Hafiz,

No you can not make the Non-Bootable to Bootable.

As its clearly mentioned that the Non-bootable image is used for the upgrade purpose from latest SU on 8.0(2)or 8.5(1).

Bootable image is for the Fresh installation of UCCX 8.5 version.

Hope it helps.

Anand

pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi Thanks for the help,

I want to know  How to copy\upload the .iso file and OVA Template to my clients ESXi datastore ? At this stage i donot want the installation but only to copy.

I will do Installation later at this stage i want to know how to do copy on ESXI4.1 Bseries servers.

Hi Hafiz,

Please connect to your UCS box using the VSpeher client. Click on the data store, right click to Browse Datastore.

A new window opens, here click on the upload files icon. You can copy the files\folder from the specific location to this datastore.

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Hi,,

Hi,,

Where do I can find '8.5(1) UCSInstall_UCCX_8_5_1_UCOS_8.5.1.10000-37.sgn.iso Bootable base 8.5.1 installation image' this file?

Do you still have it?

I need it but still unable to find the file on cisco.com

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies