Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

How to copy UCCX Informix database to MSSQL?

Hi,

I am trying to copy the UCCX 8.5 Informix database to Microsoft SQL, so we can use MSSQL as the source database for our reports. This way we will not stress our UCCX database too much, except for when we run the batch copy every night.

To copy all tables to SQL I am trying to use SQL Server 2008's SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), the Import and Export Wizard (DTSWizard.exe). I open the Informix database as a local ODBC, using the .Net Framework Data Provider for Odbc to read all data. I then use the SQL Native Client to write the data into MSSQL.

When I try to do this, I run into a couple of issues:

1) Some field types in Informix are unknown to SQL. I have to manually reassign them. Most of them are datetime fields, so I guess I should just mark them as datetime type in SQL?

2) When I finished assigning the datetime type to the unknown fields and try to run the migration, I receive the following error. I don't have a clue how to get around this:

error.png

Does anyone have any experience with what I'm trying to do? I know Cisco recommends using a separate SQL server for reporting, but I haven't found any documents describing how to do this. Can anyone help?

Regards,

Ruud van Strijp

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES

I am about to head down the same path and am doing research to get started.  Same environment, UCCX 8.5 looking to get data into SQL Server.  Had you found some good advice and implemented the process?  Can you tell me anything about the nightly refresh that you may have in place?

...or are you still having the issue you originally reported?  If so I will start down my path and reply back with any positive findings.

Thank you!

Chris

I know Cisco recommends using a separate SQL server for reporting, but I haven't found any documents describing how to do this.

And you wont, as it was a feature that went away in UCCX version 8.0.

One Cisco Employee's comment on the matter:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2090288

One Cisco Partner's comments on the matter:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2059612

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content